Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 10:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Barstool do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

the Brazilians are restless in OKC

I have to say, that the Bruce was my idol as a kid... especially after watching him tear a mans pony-braid off and beat him down with it... so hey, I figured id go check out a good JKD class where I live in OKC... all that I found was 'Brazilian Judo' 'Vale Tudo' taught by none other than Raphael Lovato, a self claimed student of Dan Inosanto, which he very well could be, I dunno...
    So I walk in and introduce myself and check out the class, and talked a bit with 'ol Raph.. who quickly tells me that he will have a background check performed on me, ( to make sure he didnt pass on his deadly schooling to the wrong sort of peeps, according to him) and just stares at my hair, ( of which I had none, typical USMC hairdo) I also quickly noticed I was the only white dude besides one of his students, and also noticed that there were only a couple of english speaking people present, though I said nothing of the above. He quickly asks me if I am a Skinhead, and proceeds to say that if he had a dollar for everytime he was called a 'spic' growing up on the tuff streets of Chi-town, that he would be a rich, rich man. I was quick to mention that I said nothing of race, racism, hate, etc. and that if I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me if I was a Skinhead, I would be wealthy as well. He then stops the class and they all form up behind him with combative stances and surly, non-english speaking glares. I dunno if they could understand what HE was talking about. So, rather than continue this redundant cycle of HIS obvious problem, I told him Id give him a call sometime, and just left. When I was leaving to get to my truck, I noticed most of the cars there had **** like "Brown Pride" and latin flags stickers on them, which surely is a mans right to put on his own vehicle. But after having this totally unexpected conversation with the Lovato in his 'officina' isnt he the one that truly seems to have issues?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 10:56am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting story, and I've known some nutcase like the one you are describing. It is something very regretable to find people like that.

However, this begs the question: what the hell does this has to do with the topics discussed in this forum?

It is clearly stated on the top what this forum is supposed to be for:

Weapons and weapons tactics, Self Defense, Military and Law Enforcement discussion

Does your story has anything to do with weapons, weapons tactics, self defense, military and law enforcement discussions? Or did you just happened to post without caring to read the rules and instructions?

There are forums here for posting this type of stories. This one isn't.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 11:05am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll move it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 11:09am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He then stops the class and they all form up behind him with combative stances and surly, non-english speaking glares.
    wtf is a "Surly, non-english speaking glare"?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 11:28am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh, that was just an expression of his inner-trolling xenophobic id :tongue6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 1:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone has GOT to do something about all those Mexicans. They're out of control, I tell you.

Hey wait, what are you-- hey let go! What are you doing? No, you idiot, I'm a citizen, I was born in Tex-OW! What the hell was that for?! No, let go! Why are you putting me in that truck? Why are putting me in that truck?! You can't do this to me! "Papers?" What papers, you idiot, I'm a U.S. citiz-OW!!

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 5:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KweiKweg
    I have to say, that the Bruce was my idol as a kid... especially after watching him tear a mans pony-braid off and beat him down with it... so hey, I figured id go check out a good JKD class where I live in OKC... all that I found was 'Brazilian Judo' 'Vale Tudo' taught by none other than Raphael Lovato, a self claimed student of Dan Inosanto, which he very well could be, I dunno...
    So I walk in and introduce myself and check out the class, and talked a bit with 'ol Raph.. who quickly tells me that he will have a background check performed on me, ( to make sure he didnt pass on his deadly schooling to the wrong sort of peeps, according to him) and just stares at my hair, ( of which I had none, typical USMC hairdo) I also quickly noticed I was the only white dude besides one of his students, and also noticed that there were only a couple of english speaking people present, though I said nothing of the above. He quickly asks me if I am a Skinhead, and proceeds to say that if he had a dollar for everytime he was called a 'spic' growing up on the tuff streets of Chi-town, that he would be a rich, rich man. I was quick to mention that I said nothing of race, racism, hate, etc. and that if I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me if I was a Skinhead, I would be wealthy as well. He then stops the class and they all form up behind him with combative stances and surly, non-english speaking glares. I dunno if they could understand what HE was talking about. So, rather than continue this redundant cycle of HIS obvious problem, I told him Id give him a call sometime, and just left. When I was leaving to get to my truck, I noticed most of the cars there had **** like "Brown Pride" and latin flags stickers on them, which surely is a mans right to put on his own vehicle. But after having this totally unexpected conversation with the Lovato in his 'officina' isnt he the one that truly seems to have issues?
    I can speak to this issue. I have taken one private lesson and one class from Raphael Lovato, and would take more if it did not involve 4 hours of driving. A close friend and training partner goes to Lovato's every month or so for private lessons. I am not a regular student at his school, and have no vested interest in defending him.

That said, my experience at Lovato's was completely opposite from that of the OP. I found both Lovato and his students to be friendly and helpful. I can't remember seeing anyone there who looked Brazilian. At the class I attended, there were perhaps a dozen students, most if not all of them white. I did not see any "Brown Pride" or other stickers on cars in the parking lot (although the school is in a kind of sketchy area). I went with two friends, one white and one black (I am white). All of us have shaved heads. Lovato made no reference to our haircuts. In fact he made no reference to anything but BJJ. We found the instruction to be excellent. I was not aware that Lovato taught JKD, and while at the school I saw nothing to indicate such.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 6:49am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=quietamerican] I can't remember seeing anyone there who looked Brazilian. quote]\

What do you mean when you say "looked Brazilian"? The country runs the gambit with about whites, mestizos, blacks, and asians. If memory serves, whites are nearly 50% of the population.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 7:13am

Style: MT\KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by auschip
    wtf is a "Surly, non-english speaking glare"?
    Seconded. WTF is this?

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 8:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Barstool do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Surly= hostile and or unfriendly
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast