Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Style
    Lethargy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can beat the senior students already wtf are you doing there. Also its _ing _un wtf are you doing there? LEAVE!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Dude, whassup? Did they freeze your dick then accidentally use it to cool down a thimble full of water? Or, did you mis-spell crayonist? You know, the guy who makes sure the wax crayons you use aren't too sharp in case you decide to do the decent thing and kill yourself.
    Training log. Here

JFS vs The Villain here

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky
    If you can beat the senior students already wtf are you doing there. Also its _ing _un wtf are you doing there? LEAVE!
    Can he?

We just have his word. Set up some video and a friendly sparring match between yourself and these top students. Make sure it is friendly. I've encountered many "superior fighters" who found out the hard way they weren't a good as they thought.

I actually learned myself, the hard way, when I switched from KMA to CMA. Just like you are being low key they can be doing the same thing.

I know I did with noobs until, they became arrogant.

Style
    Guns
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It really does seem like it should be hard for your instructor to miss the fact that you're good. You seem to be saying that you spar regularly, so what is he missing?

Either way, show of hands, how many people in this thread said this at one time or another before quitting a "martial art" or school that just wasn't ever going to produce a fighter?
    Quitting is no option. I definitely want to finish what I started.
    Man, I know I did. That was TKD for me. I don't do TKD now . . . . nuff said.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi all,

Well thanks again for the many replies to this topic.

I must confess that I was a bit baffled about the harsh tone is some of the answers.
    Now, since this apparently seems to be the normal conduct on these boards,
    here I go again.

As to my MA merits, I do not like to boast around, but since I am apparently expected
    to number them, here we go: Mostly private (federation-free) training in Aikido,
    Ninjutsu and All-Style Karate since 1996, occassionally working as a trainer in said disciplines since 2004.

- Now, I didn't think the side effects (MA style, graduation etc) would matter so much from your POVs. - Generally speaking, would what would you judge as better:

Training aggressively, and try to become the alpha male among your training partners,
    or try to play nice and modest?

- As to sparring, we have done it a few times, but I contented with keeping people at bay, and not necessarily punching them out. What use would it have to humiliate some n00bs in front of the group? Now, I am increasingly worried that this could be exactly what is expected of me.

Merry Christmas,

Rafael

Style
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would invite you to make the most of your Bullshido experience and use the search function to querry ninjutsu, aikido, or karate. They have even been monthly topics.

Considering your lineage so far I would say that Wing Tsun is right up your alley though. If you feel that you are not being promoted fast enough. Then be more aggressive. Trash several of the advanced students and you should get the recognition that you want.

I would say however taking your aggression out on the noobs might be a bad idea. Why don't you spar with the students that have been there several years and punch them out. Typically in a MA class beating up the noobs is just seen as bullying, beating up the advanced students tends to rank more merit.
    Last edited by melk; 12/24/2007 7:54am at .

Style
    Basic Self-Defence
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by This is Sparta!
    ...I am currently working my way through the lower ranks of Wing Tsun, ...
    - Should I just demonstrate my skills by ko'ing some of the black shirts, like my friends have repeatedly advised me to do?.
    How do you propose to K.O. them if this is the case ;
    ... I do not like to boast around, but since I am apparently expected
    to number them, here we go: Mostly private (federation-free) training in Aikido,
    Ninjutsu and All-Style Karate since 1996, occassionally working as a trainer in said disciplines since 2004.
    - As to sparring, we have done it a few times, but I contented with keeping people at bay, and not necessarily punching them out.

Style
    (Beautiful) Spring Roll
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rafael,
    welcome to Bullshido.

If possible, please video a sparring/training session of yours and link to it - it'll help us understand your actual skills better.

Don't beat up noobs, ever. It's stupid. Train hard with higher level students, they'll recognize if you're their match, the instructor will too. You don't have to KO them, although it might be fun. ;-) Just train hard with them, try to overcome them.

But first and foremost - spend some time reading and watching videos here on Bullshido.

Partially because you thought what you read in this thread was "harsh". I assure you, it wasn't. Yet.

Also, if you ever come by Slovakia, let me know. We can arrange a training session (and possibly videotape it too).

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Style
    BJJ, Ju-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must confess that I was a bit baffled about the harsh tone is some of the answers. Now, since this apparently seems to be the normal conduct on these boards, here I go again.
    The expectation here is for honest discourse. If what your training in doesnt sound right, no one here is going to tell you that it does. We dont respect a martial art just because it hangs out a shingle and claims to teach fighting.
    As to my MA merits, I do not like to boast around, but since I am apparently expected to number them, here we go: Mostly private (federation-free) training in Aikido,
    You were not expected to, but now that you have, yeah Wing Tsun sounds about right for you.

You have found your niche, your not hurting anyone, and you will never learn how to.

If that is the type of training you have sought out, go for it.
    - Generally speaking, would what would you judge as better:

Training aggressively, and try to become the alpha male among your training partners,
    or try to play nice and modest?
    Neither, just train hard and dont be a dick to your training partners.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Style
    Very Thai Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    LARPtastic fucktardery of the highest order
    Whoa, whoa there Running Dog, I believe Ninjutsu holds this position. _ing _un is up there though.

Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    the Scientology of the Martial Arts if you will.
    Also Ninjutsu.

As for the OP's question, I don't think KO'ing the black shirts and trying to show off is the answer... just be a little more assertive and let your seafood know that you understand what he is trying to teach you and show that you know how to do it

Here is a video to inspire you:

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVmzqJ2IBJc
    Last edited by Tanhalen21; 12/24/2007 8:14pm at .

Style
    Rehab
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As to my MA merits, I do not like to boast around, but since I am apparently expected
    So... you did Ninjutsu, and Aikido, and now you've started WingTsun and you think it's the best class around?
    On the basis of the limited info you've supplied, I think your fighting abilities may not be quite at the standard you think they are.
    I reiterate: Quit WT now. Find a proper martial art. Surely your town has a boxing or Judo club?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last