Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did you get it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 2:51pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be interested in that. Is it in Russian or English or Japanese or all three?

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 6:12pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amazon carries it.

http://www.amazon.com/Judo-History-P.../dp/1556434456

I will be making a purchase.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 6:35pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's English -- SFGOON has the right link. I think I got mine from Hatashita. It presents some interesting things -- a judo throw, and then combinations. It also features way more tables and charts than I have ever seen in any other judo book. I'm not sure how much a hand he had in writing it, but he is first on the author's list ...

Some highlights:

"Below is a table showing the effectiveness of strikes of varying intensities on the human body's most sensitive areas. The numbers one through five indicate the degree of pain as a result of a blow landed with a certain amount of force on the indicated area:"

Follow with a really long list. Apparently, hitting someone lightly in the eye is just as painful as hitting someone hard in the armpit.

There's some "Combat Sambo" stuff in there as well.

Also, there's a chapter on theoretical training, with stenographic symbols for each throw, so you can track your progress. Also presented are a variety of equations:

"1. The technical and tactical indicator "Activity" indirectly characterizes the motor and functional readiness of a judoka and is expressed in the number of attack actions executed by him or her in one minute:

A = N/t (atak B MNHyTy)

Where N = n + n1
    N = general number of fighter's attack actions
    n = number of graded attack actions
    n1 = number of actual attacks by judoka
    t = time of fight."

The optimal number of attacks is apparently once every twenty seconds.

There is also some dietary advice, on how to cut weight. Judoka, apparently, require 2.4-2.5 g of protein for every kilogram of weight per day. They also require 100-120 g of fat a day, "of which 80 percent should be of animal origin. From this, 90 percent should come from dairy fats (solid and melted butter contain 84 to 95 percent fat; sour cream contains 23.5 percent fat; and cream contains 20 percent).

There's even a chart:

TABLE 6. Broken Bones
    INJURY: NUMBER OF DAYS TRAINING CAN START COMPETITION IS POSSIBLE

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 6:39pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFive
    It's English -- SFGOON has the right link. I think I got mine from Hatashita. It presents some interesting things -- a judo throw, and then combinations. It also features way more tables and charts than I have ever seen in any other judo book. I'm not sure how much a hand he had in writing it, but he is first on the author's list ...

Some highlights:

"Below is a table showing the effectiveness of strikes of varying intensities on the human body's most sensitive areas. The numbers one through five indicate the degree of pain as a result of a blow landed with a certain amount of force on the indicated area:"

Follow with a really long list. Apparently, hitting someone lightly in the eye is just as painful as hitting someone hard in the armpit.

There's some "Combat Sambo" stuff in there as well.

Also, there's a chapter on theoretical training, with stenographic symbols for each throw, so you can track your progress. Also presented are a variety of equations:

"1. The technical and tactical indicator "Activity" indirectly characterizes the motor and functional readiness of a judoka and is expressed in the number of attack actions executed by him or her in one minute:

A = N/t (atak B MNHyTy)

Where N = n + n1
    N = general number of fighter's attack actions
    n = number of graded attack actions
    n1 = number of actual attacks by judoka
    t = time of fight."

The optimal number of attacks is apparently once every twenty seconds.

There is also some dietary advice, on how to cut weight. Judoka, apparently, require 2.4-2.5 g of protein for every kilogram of weight per day. They also require 100-120 g of fat a day, "of which 80 percent should be of animal origin. From this, 90 percent should come from dairy fats (solid and melted butter contain 84 to 95 percent fat; sour cream contains 23.5 percent fat; and cream contains 20 percent).

There's even a chart:

TABLE 6. Broken Bones
    INJURY: NUMBER OF DAYS TRAINING CAN START COMPETITION IS POSSIBLE
    Lots of charts, high protein and fat diet... yup sounds like a Russian wrote it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 12:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Putin is a Judo Master"

I salute you Mr. President! I am getting all teary-eyed now :)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12