Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 4:40am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, think about it, money makes fighters. Having the money to hire ANYONE YOU WANT for nutrition, submissions, weight training, muay thai, cardio, wrestling, supplements...like, you could have designer steroids made just for you and no one else, **** they can't test for yet, and no one would ever know.

Money makes a difference, I'm not saying PBF would be champ next year, but if he trained in MMA for a year starting now, he could be champ a year after that. No one, no one at all in MMA right now has the resources of PBF. The UFC in general barely does.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 6:32am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure it would be real tough for an athlete with Maywhethers dedication, skill, and fight experience to....take up some grappling.

I don't understand why people pretend that knowing how to grapple is an exclusive club. If you have the dedication that an athlete like that does you can learn a whole hell of a lot really quickly. He's certainly not going to jump into MMA without training for it. I hate that you guys are letting cracky be the voice of reason.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 9:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not an issue of weather PBF could do it, it's an issue of why bother.

Unless Cuban is going to guarantee him 100 million win or lose there's no point.

Also form a technical point of view PBF is the greatest technical boxer maybe ever but he's not necessarily a brawler or has that mentality. It would take him years and some rough experience to learn not to be ground and pounded.

Again unless Cuban is throwing stupid guaranteed money at him I don't see it happening.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 12:08pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the **** does the PBF stand for? ****, i've inferred it's a name for Mayweaher, but wtf does it mean?

back on topic, well, ****. i agree with those who say that he's not gonna jump in the ring without knowing what he's doing first, but i also think a fighter accustomed to such a payroll would have a little trouble adapting to an MMA fighters pay.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 12:19pm

Style: Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PBF = Pretty Boy Floyd

And as much as it sticks in my craw to agree with Anna, I am going to have to.

It is not that hard to learn to grapple enough to be successful at MMA when you are already a top-notch athlete. As much as I despise Mayweather for being a giant douche-nozzle I will give credit where credit is due and that guy is an amazing athlete.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 1:09pm

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I think he's just saying stuff to keep his name circulating among fight fans. But, if he is serious and his management is smart enough not to throw him against the top fighters right away, he could be a real threat. If he fights in either 145 or 135, he'll have plenty of tough competition to work through.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 1:41pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a possibility he just wants to play a new game for the sake of playing a new game.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayweather has no more fights left for him in boxing, does make a little bit of sense. However I cant imagine anyones going to want to box with him. Everyone he fights will be going for the leg kicks and submissions.

fight of the century = Anderson silva vs mayweather?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 2:03pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    fight of the century = Anderson silva vs mayweather?
    err....with the Pretty Boy giving up like 30 pounds? Silva a difficult fight for anyone period, let alone someone who fights best in the 140-147 lbs. range.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 2:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    It's a possibility he just wants to play a new game for the sake of playing a new game.
    Anything is possibel

Also we are talking about grappling but Floyd's biggest learning curve would be wrestling.

We see even accomplished BJJ BB's get GnP'ed even with a couple years of training I don't see him being a sub threat. His best bet would be to stuff take downs and keep it standing.

With the exception of GSP I don't know of any fighter who has that ability who hasn't been training wrestling since 5 years old.

Having said that Floyd is a freaky athlete and could do it (maybe)

Don't get me wrong I would love to see it, I just dont count on it.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast