Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 232425 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2008 2:45am

Style: Hung Kuen, Jook Lum SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if the waseda judo club is run by Nick Rosetto, I would go there.
    I knew Nick in High school-70's. He was always a dedicated Martial Artist. His dad did judo and the entire Rosetto family trained.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2008 2:51am

Style: Hung Kuen, Jook Lum SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a student who goes to Tiger Shullman's.She's a bit special though. She was a BB in American Kenpo when she came to me, while here, she also joined a TKD school and earned her BB there. She comes in every day, and also trains at Shullman's. She's been with me for ten years. Like I said, she's special. Oh, and she's 55 yrs old!
    Anyway... They have their curriculum broken down into three sections-Core-which is your drills and bagwork,Kickboxing, which is sparring, and Submission Grappling. To earn rank, you need a specific amount of hours on the floor in each catagory. Of course it eats up hours=$, but it's a good method of teaching.
    In any school, yuo will have dedicated, hardworking students, and dillitantes. It's really up to you. You get out of it what you put into it. But the teachers are very well trained and really motivate the students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2014 1:29pm

Style: sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gus Kaparos is at it again....

He has a video up on youtube where he claimed to have started trainign with Chan Tai San at at 17....

I refer you all back to the kung fu online forum discussion at http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...351#post822351

This debunked that Gus trained "as a small boy" by establishing that he met Chan Tai San in 1990 at age 24. You will not that Gus himself confirms here that he was 24 in 1990...

When Gus was "17" it was either 1982 or 1983... Chan Tai San was not in the US during this period... Of course, there is also nothing that would indicate that Gus ever met Chan Tai San prior to 1990.

What is truly amazing (perhaps "pathetic") is that when confronted on this, Gus already has backed off to another fake story....

In the newest video, Gus also claims he trained with Chan Tai San "in Chinatown". By the time Gus met Chan Tai San, he was no longer in Chinatown. Gus has ZERO evidence he was ever at either Henry Street or the "Duk Chan" association hall...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2014 1:33pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gus Kaparos is at it again....

He has a video up on youtube where he claimed to have started training with Chan Tai San at at 17....

I refer you all back to the kung fu online forum discussion at http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...351#post822351

This debunked that Gus trained "as a small boy" by establishing that he met Chan Tai San in 1990 at age 24. You will note that Gus himself confirms here that he was 24 in 1990...

When Gus was "17" it was either 1982 or 1983... Chan Tai San was not in the US during this period... Of course, there is also nothing that would indicate that Gus ever met Chan Tai San prior to 1990.

What is truly amazing (perhaps "pathetic") is that when confronted on this, Gus already has backed off to another fake story....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gus lies on youtube.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	16050

In the newest video, Gus also claims he trained with Chan Tai San "in Chinatown". By the time Gus met Chan Tai San, he was no longer in Chinatown. Gus has ZERO evidence he was ever at either Henry Street or the "Duk Chan" association hall...
    Last edited by nysanda; 5/05/2014 1:35pm at . Reason: typos

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2014 10:22pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In talking more trash, Gus Kaparos talked himself into a match with Novell "Black Taoist" Bell that happened last Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgkt...ature=youtu.be

Judge for yourself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 9:06am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gus is back at his "LEGAL FU" and trying to get it taken down

Here is an alternate link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLVj...ature=youtu.be

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 11:41pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was at Man Up, Stand Up, right? No hands up...LOL. Gus looked horrible. Bell clearly had some skills.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 5/22/2014 11:45pm at .
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    5/23/2014 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gus is nothing more than yet another cowardly mouthboxer who badmouths others and when called on his BS gets his lawyer students to threaten with lawsuits.

Cowards hide, real men step up.

Oh, his skills or should I say total LACK of skills were shown on the video.

How the heck can he claim to be teaching anything real when he cannot even demonstrate being able to not get hit.

He sucks. End of story.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2014 12:10pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    This was at Man Up, Stand Up, right? No hands up...LOL. Gus looked horrible. Bell clearly had some skills.
    I actually thought Novell showed skills appropriate to the arts he represents, I'd give him a thumbs up... of course, the kung fu crowd said it was "just kickboxing" LOL

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    5/23/2014 1:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nysanda View Post
    I actually thought Novell showed skills appropriate to the arts he represents, I'd give him a thumbs up... of course, the kung fu crowd said it was "just kickboxing" LOL
    i've always maintained that novell has plenty of skill, and of course he's proven that he is willing to step up and fight. i really wish we could see him fight someone with a similar reach, as he has had a substantial reach advantage in every fight we've seen (not even going to comment on the *skill* advantage that he had in this match, that's obvious.)

as to the "kung fu crowd", of course they say it's "just kickboxing" they're still hung up on trying to make performance forms work as fighting techniques, of course they don't get it. plus if they had to start over and learn to fight, that would be hard work, and it might hurt!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj