Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 10:52pm

Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve

just a long fucking junior high school yard soap opera (but this is natural coming from the ranks of Sifu Chan's students - can't you people ever get along?).
    You're right Steve, CTS left a messy house, lots of people involved and lots of stories, most of which are irrelevant in the long run. But, just FYI, since CTS passed, pretty much everyone is getting along, time, distance and age will do that to people, you should know that most of us were in our early 20's during the "long island period" and with youth comes stupidness (is that a word?)

I don't think Rafael's post adds much to this thread. I was shocked to see it resurected from the dead actually

be well

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 2:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shaolin 5 animals

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Interesting sifu Gomez

However you left out the part where u could get lama pai lineage if you bought mikes vhs tapes circa 93 Kf magazine im sure many people were tempted any thoughts ? And did you ever know a sifu Anthony Tardy?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 12:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr Ross-

I haven't read all 19 pages, my apologies in advance if my remarks were made earlier.

having read the entire first page, this to me isn't so much a BS and Fraud investigation as it is a lineage war. This seems to be something kung fu people are real good at, and that is fighting over who's master said what, and who is authorized to teach.

You did make some valid claims, don't get me wrong. My concern is the intent here. Is Gus Kaparos really harming and defrauding the public with his claims? Or, by your own admission, is the real agenda here protecting the legacy and name of your kung fu style / teacher?

I'll do my part to catch up as best I can, but this is my opinion and I will stand by it until convinced otherwise. I have seen similar things before, especially surrounding kung fu stylists in New York. For example, I had a kung fu teacher in New York inform me that he was the only person in the United States authorized to use the term "Seven Star". For me to continue my studies, I had to either change my style's name or come under his authority. I proudly say I did neither, and continue to practice what I call Seven Star.

Sorry for the rant, I hope this made sense. If this is a lineage war, in my opinion this is between you and your former fellow practicioner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    At the risk of sounding rude, I'd suggest you read all of it to understand what really it is about.
    I will, I just needed to vent a general concern. You have to admit we can be pretty picky about lineage.

In another example related to mantis kung fu, one school posted a wide spread press release type of statement about another school, because they added a form not taught by the grandmaster. School number one claimed school number two was then not teaching the correct art of so-and-so, and were therefore fake.

If someone taught me French and they weren't certified by your French instructor, would that be OK?

Again, general concern knowing how we are in CMA, and I will go through all 19 pages here and get the full picture.

peace

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/23/2008 5:51pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Well, since you are being so helpful here is what I found.

http://bushido.org/hof/awards01.html

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a
    Just to make it easier.

Here is the title:

MASTER INSTRUCTOR OF THE YEAR

Now it is interesting because it is part of a very infamous company.

The one we all know and love WHFSC INTERNATIONAL MARTIAL ARTS HALL OF FAME.'

For those of you that don't know WHFSC=World Head Of Family Sokeship Council.
    LOL...not to derail this thread, but reading this page of "award winners" I found Scott Sonnon listed too :5zombie:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2008 8:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to say it, but much of these 19 pages was repeat material. The original accusations were a little over the top, and definitely an attack at trying to shut down somebody not qualified to teach in your style. After much running amok, a shorter list of accusations was made. But then those points kept on being copied and pasted, making this a very hard read.

Overall I am going to say you've got valid complaints, and his credentials are definitely exaggerated. Now my question is this: what do you want out of the deal? Do you want him to back down from lofty claims, or are you not going to be happy until he shuts his doors? Regarding what he does know and teach, has there been a consensus that what he teaches is good or bad?

From somewhere on page 10 or so, yes that was a monkey kung fu form. IMO it sucked, I would have expected better performance out of a mid-level student.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 8:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Choi Lei Faht

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sifu Rapael Gomez is a joke, plain and simple. LMFAO! This guy is the hugest shittalker on the net.

He's got quite a reputation for fucking people over both in business and his personal life. People who live in glass kwoons shouldn't throw stones. It's no secret that he is not very intelligent (just read his rant) and he's known for screwing over any of Chan Tai Sans students who he trained with.

Not to mention being an all around gigolo. He just lost his business to his ex-wife, who bankrolled him to start with, and for what? Because he had an affair with his student who was a MINOR!!!!

How'do you like that? And this guy sits here making up stories? Sheesh! This is all public knowledge for us longislanders. One of the true jokes of the martial arts community out here.

It is also common knowledge that he was stripper at gay nightclubs. Not that there is anything wrong with that...lol!
    Last edited by ninjabadass; 10/29/2008 9:45am at .

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 11:37am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All this drama on the island, and I'm left out.... :(

Anyway, could we please try to keep the topic on Gus, and take the side convos elsewhere?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 12:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Choi Lei Faht

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if anything about Sifu Gus is true or not. I have always liked him and would never say anything bad about him. Rafael on the other hand, is just a shitheel for talking smack like this. I don't believe a word of what he rights about any of these Sifu.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/29/2008 5:19pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabadass
    Sifu Rapael Gomez is a joke, plain and simple. LMFAO! This guy is the hugest shittalker on the net.

He's got quite a reputation for fucking people over both in business and his personal life. People who live in glass kwoons shouldn't throw stones. It's no secret that he is not very intelligent (just read his rant) and he's known for screwing over any of Chan Tai Sans students who he trained with.

Not to mention being an all around gigolo. He just lost his business to his ex-wife, who bankrolled him to start with, and for what? Because he had an affair with his student who was a MINOR!!!!

How'do you like that? And this guy sits here making up stories? Sheesh! This is all public knowledge for us longislanders. One of the true jokes of the martial arts community out here.

It is also common knowledge that he was stripper at gay nightclubs. Not that there is anything wrong with that...lol!
    Pretty weightly allegations for a noob here.

For starters, offer up some proof of what you allege:
    1) That his ex-wife now owns his business
    2) That he had an affair with a student who was a minor
    3) That he was a stripper at Gay clubs
    4) That he has fucked over anyone with who he does business

BTW, even if this stuff is true, it has nothing to do with whether or not he was a fraud with what he taught. It may show that he is a dick and a pig (if true). But, I know many ass holes who are good martial artists. IF he did have some kind of sexual encounter with a minor who was a student of hist, that is a serious claim outside of the fraud issue, and you had better be able to offer some proof.

I don't know him personally, but if you are going to log on here simply to post this type of claim, offer up proof for starters. Secondly, offer up some reason why we should even believe you...like who you are, how you know this info, if you trained under him, where you currently train, etc. It will go a long way to making you look like more than a troill with an axe to grind.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 10/29/2008 5:21pm at .
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 20212223 ... LastLast