Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 12:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jeet kun do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYI

Krood1 I emailed one steven ventura and got a pretty clear picture of why there is so much bitterness in the lama community.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 12:38am

Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one wonders why nameless, faceless people want to come on here and distract from the issues at hand (end sarcasm)

Let's NOT get distracted

1. From www.GreenCloud.net - "The revered master adopted a young American boy"
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...1&d=1197862616
    That's the adopting, he clearly isn't a boy
    LIE #1

2. From www.GreenCloud.net - "holds 10 black belts in other systems of martial arts"
    After more than 2 years has refused to disclose the details except a claim to a black belt in Nisei Goju under a "Master Zuzio"
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...&postcount=647

Except that the head of Nisei Goju says he is not aware of any master by that name
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny/sanshou/Roldanletter.jpg

3. From www.GreenCloud.net - "Sifu Kaparos has been nominated to the Kung-Fu Hall of Fame"
    DECEPTION! He got an award from the INFAMOUS "World Head Of Family Sokeship Council" which can be bought.

4. From http://www.greencloudkungfu.com/acad...structors.html
    The claim is made that he met CTS in "the late 1980's"
    Both the testimony of Mike Parrella (who introduced Gus to CTS), and the Inside Kung Fu article prove this is ANOTHER LIE
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny/sanshou/ikf891.jpg
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny/sanshou/ikf892.jpg
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny/sanshou/ikf893.jpg

5. The videos of actual technique are posted to see. Compare CTS actually doing staff to the cheerleader baton twirling Gus does while calling it CTS material. It's been suggested that is yet another case of bullshido

Already starting to look pretty bad and we still have some other outstanding issues

http://www.greencloud.net/949615.html
    Where the claim is made "we are just an extension of the Green Cloud Monastery, which is still in Toisan China"

A letter from China stating the monastery is a pile of bricks and no longer in operation is going to make that yet ANOTHER LIE

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 12:51am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jeet kun do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=lkfmdc]one wonders why nameless, faceless people want to come on here and distract from the issues at hand (end sarcasm)

I dont know if you were refering to me but you keep talking about the same thing. You have excellent credentials and you are very well spoken with a great history. Your issues seems to be that someone is making false claims. Why does it bother you so much? I dont know and i am not trying to be sarcastic I am just asking?

[Capone27 was given a 2 week ban for this non-contributing post]
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 12/29/2007 12:55am at . Reason: added note.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 1:00am

Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks to Tom Kagan for keeping this "on topic" (wow, is this post non-contributing?)

I simply want to preserve the reputation of my late teacher and of the arts that he taught.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 2:32am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krood1
    "Sifu Kaparos has been nominated to the Kung-Fu Hall of Fame. Sifu Kaparos is the head of Green Cloud in the U.S." From their website.

So, if you are correct in that school owners receive solicitations...this would mean Gus was "nominated" but never purchased the ticket for the rubber chicken dinner. Looks as though Gus is not lying---but pretty deceptive I'd say. All he had to do was get the same letter as you did and he is technically telling the truth.

This really sheds light on many many instructors with their HOF nonsense.
    HOF awards can be pretty scetchy. I get solicitations from such award dinners a few times a year. You can actually nominate yourself...and they seem most interested in how many place settings/tables you can fill.

I know one guy who nominated himself for an award, did not get it after voting, and still uses in his bio that he was "nominated" for it. So, while Gus may not be technically lying by saying he was nominated, it is a big misrepresentation if he did not win anything.

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 8:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tibetan lama Pai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

last post

So often we focus on what we can't do, that we forget all of the things we can do. We also forget that many of the things we can do were not easy when we started.
    Last edited by SifuRafael; 11/06/2008 9:44pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 11:37am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Former Thread Title: Time to clear the air! By Sifu Rafel R. Gomez

Original Post/Thread moved to MABS forum, from CMA sub-forum, where it belongs.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 4:03pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SifuRafael

First, change the font to a normal size so we can read your post without going blind please.

Second, I barely made it all the way through your post becuase it is just a long fucking junior high school yard soap opera (but this is natural coming from the ranks of Sifu Chan's students - can't you people ever get along?). You can cut out 90% of your post and still make your damn point about Gus, Parella, Ventura, Ross, and all the other Sifu Chan students who seem to consistently change alliances over the years (except for Innocenzi - He is awsome and always stayed out of the BS).

I don't mean to be rude here, but this thread is not about reminiscing your good old days with Sifu Chan, etc. Nobody really cares (at least I don't). Simply make your point about Gus, Parella, and the others and move on...plain and simple.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 9/01/2008 4:05pm at .

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rafael, you may have some points but you sound like a child and your post is retarded.

Why would anyone calling themselves a Sifu (or anyone over the age of 12) write like that? Learn how to write and get your point aross and people may take you seriously.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/01/2008 10:20pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why it was moved out of the CMA forum. It was a random response out of nowhere.

I mean if it is a serious enough issue, to make you post, spell your own name right.
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast