Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Danny Horgan, Daniel Horgan Dan Horgan Bullshido

Daniel Horgan aka Dan Horgan aka Daniel Horgan is owner of this website:
    http://dannyhorgan81.com/the-danny-h...llshido-story/

This Facebook Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/dannyhorgan2

Also, a Youtube channel.

This young man had very little formal training minus 6 months of Wing Chun, self training and a claim of "street fights" as his experience. He chose to relay a fight challenge to experts, on multiple websites, as detailed below and agreed to a sparring match which is now labeled as a fight. A few Amateur fighters and competitors, none of which claimed to be experts, accepted and he changed his own rules of traveling anywhere to "fight." Eventually, A member of bullshido, invited this self described "street fighter" to spar at a gym where he sparred as a hobby. Bobby, the bullshido member, tapped to strikes in a limited rule-set, agreed to sparring match, between rounds. This was not a full contact fight and both parties agreed it was sparring. As will be described below, multiple changes occurred AFTER the sparring was held.

The reason this thread exists, as Bullshido doesn't normally investigate or vet a person who admits to little training, is a documentation of a burgeoning bullshidoka. As this thread grows you will see how, in three years time, Daniel Horgan AKA Dan Horgan AKA Danny Horgan is slowly trying to increase his youtube ad revenue while inflating his own fight prowess. All of this is being done while he changes the narrative, tries to remove all evidence of his beginnings and tries to become the next famous charlatan. This includes false accusations of 10-12 admins/staff, using his self created account, to post lies about the sparring and subsequent aftermath.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/31/2014 2:36pm at .

Posted On:
    7/25/2014 4:21pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://dannyhorgan81.com/the-danny-h...llshido-story/

Dan's now claiming that he never posted here at all. That some staff person here, wrote all of his replies. He also claims that the hundreds of thousands, if not million plus posts on Bullshido have all been written by 10-12 guys posting as a thousand different members.

The sad thing is that when Danny showed up at the throwdown there were a number of Bullshido members there, other then Bobby, who would have been happy to confirm that they posted on Bullshido. Further examination of the site would reveal pictures from dozens of such gatherings featuring many amatur martial artists who also posted here. Furthermore Danny is convently forgetting that he worked out some of the details for his sparing session with Bobby here on Bullshido. Finally he's only now claiming that he never posted on Bullshido, in 2014, when had he been impersonated, you would have expected him to protest this immediately at the time.

Of course if Danny thinks someone made up his comments and put words in his mouth that were damaging you would expect that he would have threatened suit. I as legal co-counsel never heard any such complaint, even though Danny was periodically reading the site. The truth is that Dan posted here, and is now trying to run away from this thread.

If the guy told me the sun is up, I'd have to look out the window before believing him.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    7/26/2014 7:36pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Is there a vid of the "fight" with Bobby??
    There was on Youtube until Dan had it taken down, because as long as it stayed up, the whole orchestrated charade couldn't be complete.

He seems to have forgotten one small detail, he set his birthday as October 5, 1989. Does he really expect people to believe Bullshido came up with that themselves?

He is a self described "promoter", albeit a very poor one when it comes to completing the whole marketing package.

It's all basement "fights" and "Street fighter" bullshit, but overall only a 5/10 on the Daw Scale. Dan should normally get credit for showing up, but now he has two epic Bullshido threads, one in YMAS for laughs, one in MABS to illustrate what a lying bastard he is.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/26/2014 8:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Is there a vid of the "fight" with Bobby??
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/vbtu...hp?tubeid=1377

Shirt-pulling knees are no match for parking lot punches. Going for the pre-injured rib is how semi-pro, unlicensed boxer Roy Shaw defeated former heavyweight title contender Ron Stander.

Also:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122862

Posted On:
    7/29/2014 8:27am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh here's where we prove Dan Horgan is still logging into his account here contrary to his assertion that his account was hijacked.

He clearly logged in yesterday, to change his birthday from October 5, 1989 to September 10, 1972 after I pointed out his real birthday was still attached to his profile (because he added it). Oops, did I do that?

He clearly set the Reni video to Private only after I posted it.

So, add amateur cover-up artist to his growing list of credentials. Bullshidoka can't resist digging themselves holes, can they?

Posted On:
    7/29/2014 8:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danhorgan View Post
    Last post (for real) I'll make:

I'm really glad this is true. It's going to make a great story to tell people about how guys on a martial arts forum with a horrible internet reputation ran their mouths for weeks about how my skills suck and I was going to get my ass kicked, and then I went out and beat the one guy on the forum brave enough to test their skills against me.

To anyone who Googles this in the future: Look back at the thread and the facts. I offered the challenge to the entire forum. The ONE guy to step up was Bobby, and you guys saw what happened. The difference between me and people who talk tough behind keyboards is that I back up what I say. Also, pretty funny how the forum is in an internal war over this, isn't it?
    This was his last post, which happened to be aimed at me. According to Danny Horgan, this post...does not exist.

Note the lies, and the great dramatic expectation. Note most of all that he believes he defeated an entire forum of martial artists who train harder than he does with his wit and guile and Bobby's injured ribs.

- He "beat" Bobby...sparring at Redline...after ruling out throws, grappling, and head strikes.

- Bullshido has a "horrible internet reputation"...suggesting he has a better one. BS was featured on Jeopardy!, Horgan was featured on Fox News.

- He offered the challenge to "the entire forum"...another lie, he set weight limits under his own. So, his "all forum challenge" was limited to a handful of people (lightweights in and around the Boston area).

- The forum was in an "internal war"...business as usual. Again, he thinks he's special from the get-go.

It'll make a great story alright, just not the one Dan thinks or believes he is in control of.

Posted On:
    7/29/2014 1:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He claims he didn't make up these rules below, yet they were posted by him BEFORE the meetup and were clearly the rules he wanted Bobby to abide by for their sparring session (er "fight"). That he "won". And celebrated with a Big Mac and fries. I saw the video.

I don't think we even need to discuss the actual meetup anymore. Lies are lies are lies, and he's just another Bullshido hater trying to pour syrup on **** he created and call it pancakes.

Either we're in a spacetime paradox, or his "carefully thought out" rules were indeed his own making, including the weight limit of 165 lbs.

I forgot about the Heart Guard, and how Youtubers were going to judge who "won the fight". What a great way to prove your 6 months of Wing Chun training allows you to do "amazing" (his term) things...trial by Youtube comments.

What a joker! It's all part of his devious master plan to rule the martial webz..

Hey man,

The match rules have been carefully thought out to ensure the matches are at least entertaining to watch for both casual and hardcore martial arts fans. We'll essentially be taking certain common rules in sport fighting and modifying them to ensure we keep people's attention. Following are the rules and restrictions that will be in place for the match:

-Weight limit of 165 pounds

-No striking to the head or neck (part of the blog's purpose is to spread the awareness of the short- and long-term dangers of head striking - I will soon explain in detail the research I plan on promoting).

-No striking to the kidneys or back

-No biting, eye gouging, or fish hooking

-No striking to knees

-No small joint manipulation.

-No striking to groin

-Takedowns are allowed, but ground-fighting is not (this is simply to keep people's attention; people would just watch pro MMA if that's what they wanted to see).

-Two 2-minute rounds

-The only equipment will be 6-oz MMA gloves, groin protection, and potentially a Heart Guard.

Because none of this will be officially sanctioned, there will be no official judges. I'll let the goons on Youtube decide who won the fight.

To answer your other questions, I got booted from my Kwoon as soon as they found out I was partaking in this blog. That's understandable so I don't hold anything against them. And yes, I've seen all three movies. Donnie Yen is a baddd dude haha
    Donnie Fucking Yen. An actor, just like Danny.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/29/2014 6:39pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's good thinking. There's not a lot of Kyokushin here in Massachusetts, but I am willing to travel to fight. So far I've sent out challenges to TKD and Kempo fighters.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    How far are you willing to travel?
    Because if Seattle is on the list, I will totally throw down with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Dan, if you are willing to travel to Georgia I will give you a fight as long as we can omit the "heart protector" not sure what that even is. Though I am curious why you want to wear gloves if you aren't going to punch to the head?

Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    In wing chun wrist locks, kicks to the knees, and punching to the face are part of the system. But I digress. If you can work out a date with me and give me time to cut some major weight I would be willing to drive down and spar. (Or you can come down here I will gladly pay your gas)

Some major questions about you sparring rules concerning mostly the takedowns.

Do I just let you get back up?

Can I kick and punch you while you are getting back up?

Can I attempt another take down before you are fully standing again?

Is there any chance you would be willing to do a match with ground fighting if face strikes, joint locks were not allowed?

Would you be okay with fighting a girl?

Why no kidney shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    Any reason why? The female happens to be more qualified tham me. I weigh around 184 and would have to work hard to make it down to spar under 165. Where as she is 165 and probably more quallfied for striking than I am. If you are looking for "Masters"

I am seroius but not full in yet. A trip to boston costs me alot of time and effort and I have to find time between Martial arts and college to make the trip.

Also I would like and answer to the other questions I asked when you decide on the logistics of them.

Side question what made you choose the style of Wing Chun? Ip man movie? Found the straight punch to fit you body and style more than boxing did?
    Edit: I have to ask WTF is a heart protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphilis View Post
    Come to WV on your school trip and fight me.

I'm 155 lbs, I will make you piss the same colour as your hair. No mouthpiece required.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    I read the thread, and live in Boston, and weight 151, and have previous training in SanDa (Chinese kickboxing). I have had one amateur KB fight, which I lost.

From Dan's FB.

I spar every few months and shadowbox now, and we'll be doing a sparring session Saturday, at Redline Fight Sports in Central Square, Cambridge. We usually do 1-5pm (these happen every 2 or 3 months, and is my only sparring/training in a gym, currently).

It's a $12 mat fee, and you will have to sign Redline's waiver, as we all did. You also must wear a mouthpiece for any standup sparring. They're $5 at City Sports...and you can prob. buy them from the gym.

I'll spar you with no headshots, no ground fighting, no kidney shots. They have a ring. The entrance is next to Supreme liquors, the gym's downstairs. You have to wear a mouthpiece though.

Is this for another book?
    This is a quick skim of all the people that stepped up before Bobby. As people accepted, he altered the challenge until he found someone who accepted his EXACT rule set.

Also, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Honestly, this has the feel of a troll/ set up to make the other person look like an idiot. I could be wrong, but anyone that accepts be careful. No, I am not talking anything insidious like mureder or rape.

It just feels like you'll get the camera ambush and be used to show how meatheaded MMAers are or some other internet bully bullshit. Probably because he was on fox.

Disclaimer:
    You post on bullshido, you may be called"bullies," but you do not represent bullshido, the website, the forums, or Phrost in any capacity other than you post your opinions.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 7:38am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so you know those articles, Daniel Horgan AKA Dan Horgan AKA Danny Horgan reference, are repeatedly updated or there is a program that releases it every year. The first time I recall seeing "Vic Nash" or "Doug Gutterman" was 2010. I thought it was funny it now says April 2014.

Here you go:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99910

LOL, I clicked the link in the first post and now this article is Dated July 21, 2014.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/31/2014 12:54am at .

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 12:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshido has been impersonating public figures in the martial arts world for years.
    Wrong, Danny Boy, the only imposter here is you. Your blog is doubling down on your own fibs, and you know it.

Dan is now editing his Bullshido blog post in response to these latest thread updates.

And...Bobby "dominated"? See what I mean he's essentially turned Bobby into some deux ex machina Sanda champion with Bullshido management credentials. You have to find this as ridiculous as I do. What a showman, or at least that's what he's trying to be.

I really, really hope he gets in legal trouble for this. His fucking Wing Chun could actually be good (who knows he's never competed in a real match), but he's a lying douchebag libeling the good folks at Bullshido.

Version as of today, but edited within the last 48 hours to change wording: http://dannyhorgan81.com/the-danny-h...llshido-story/

Version as of February 2014: http://web.archive.org/web/201402192...llshido-story/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast