What are your martial arts goals for 2008?
Let's talk goals for the new year.
Get a new belt?
Win a tournament?
Reach 20k posts?
Actually go to class?
Rehab that injury?
Beat up ninjas on video?
Add lots of pages to the Bullshido.org encyclopedia?
What are your goals?
1. Train consistently
2. Get in shape/increase flexibility
3. Continue the journey of learning.
Would love to compete in Judo but doubt there are beginner matches for 40+ year olds! Wish I was 25 in that respect.
Kneebar Santa before the year ends.
Actively compete in both Judo and BJJ.
Perfect Osoto-gari to straight Armbar.
Improve my conditioning so I don't quit on my training partners in mid roll.
- Earn my Blue Belt
- Compete in more Sub-Grappling tournaments
- Get to Striking class more often
- Read several books on theory and technique
- Make time (and budget) for Judo
I declare 2008 "The Year CBF Finally gets a Ground Game and Hits the Local Pankration/MMA Scene"
I signed up at a judo/bjj school so it's a start
Try to find more sparring time, work more with weights, try to add some bulk.
Increase metabolism and
work on cardio on a consistant basis.
Really, REALLY increase strength.
Start a ground game
Get good sparring partners.
- Add some weight
- Drastically improve my stand-up and ground
- Compete in grappling tournaments
- Go to another throwdown
- Not get crushed like a small child at said throwdown
1. don't get seriously injured.
2. have fun.
4. throw a really tall guy with kata-guruma---the stylish standing version. oh yeah.
only one really. not get hurt so I can compete/fight.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO