Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 2:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ZE MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But guy's your not going to wear a cup on th4 str44t. Oh oez wing chun was right after all.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 2:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Text of the article:

Blake Franklin thought everything was going fine early in Friday's fight against Nick Reed. However, a sudden kick to the groin sent the Shreveporter into a world of hurt and drastically altered his next several hours and immediate future in mixed-martial arts.

Franklin has emergency surgery at Christus Schumpert Highland to repair a ruptured testicle. The 2 -hour procedure by Dr. Raymond Germany was successful but Franklin lost 70 percent of one testicle.

"My testicle was the size of my hand," Franklin told The Times on Saturday. "The doctor said I must have taken a direct blow equivalent of a 100-mile-per-hour fastball."

The first-round right kick took Franklin, who fared very well in the opening stand-up portion of the fight, down immediately. However, it wasn't long until Franklin was forced to tapout.

"I dropped immediately," Franklin said. "I threw up in my mouth. I didn't tap because I couldn't breathe -- I was drowning in my own vomit."

Reed was awarded a victory by tapout, but Franklin says that could change Tuesday.

"The (Louisiana Boxing and Wrestling) commission is supposed to look at the video," Franklin said. "That's what (fight promoter) Dana (Pitcher) told me.

"I hope we can get it changed to a no contest."

The bout was one of 13 in Pitcher's Forces of Destruction show. The night was riddled by oddities. One fight after Franklin was kicked in the groin, former Benton wrestling star Christian Fulgium and his opponent Darrell Wood went crashing through the thin ropes and onto a hardwood floor 4 feet below the ring.

"They should regulate a five-rope system," Franklin said.

Both fighters miraculously appeared to escape major injuries, although the bout was ruled a no contest after Wood tried to continue, but eventually retired with an injured left leg.

Friday's show, which is scheduled to be broadcast on regional sports networks soon, featured a four-rope ring.

The fight was Franklin's second of his professional career and first loss.

"He's a good fighter and I'm not taking anything away from him," Franklin said. "But I would love a rematch."

That won't come for awhile, as doctors expect Franklin to be sidelined for about a month.

"It hurts to walk and it hurts to breathe," Franklin said. "If I get back and he beats me, he beats me. Friday he didn't beat me, he wounded me."
    So was he wearing a cup? How reputable is that organization?
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 3:08pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    Were you or were you not wearing a cup?
    I was not wearing a cup at that time. I was from the old school judo "Do not wear a cup" mindset.

I had never been caught before, figured it wouldn't happen. I got caught, finished the match without any noticable pain, about 3 minutes later I was on the floor dying.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 10:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are we in Phil Elmore's wet dream? A MMA fighter defeated by a ball kick, RSBD was right!! I wonder if that other fighter was secretly Ashida Kim in disguise.

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 3:10pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My annoying former TKD BB roommate is always trying to convince me that TKD is a useful MA. But then he knocks me for always practicing groin strikes in sparring. He's from the old school mindset that you could destroy a man's ability to reproduce, and that's not honorable. I told him that if I'm in a streetfight, I wanna kill that guy, **** his future welfare checks.

I argued that a shot to the nuts will not make you sterile, or cheap dudes would be rochambeauing each other instead of paying for expensive vasectomies. He said to find him someone who had taken a nasty groin shot and had children. I thought about it and brought up Johnny Knoxville. That first season of Jackass he took sledgehammers and kicks and punches and all sorts of other stuff to the nuts while he had a cup on, and sometimes not. He got married later and had a kid.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 5:13pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey, I know a dude with so much scarring on his nuts he's supposed to be sterile who has magically managed to produce a kid, so I guess 99% isn't 100%
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 6:51pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing is 100% effective, even abstinence.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 8:01pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone dump this in Trollshido please.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 8:23pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, you gotta let your nuts hang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4XfmaJPeA4

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 9:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    Dude, you gotta let your nuts hang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4XfmaJPeA4
    OUCH!!!!

OK, I can see accidently hitting somene in the nuts with kick, but WTF is up with the boxers? I mean, you gotsta reach low to hit the nuts with a punch.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast