Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 3:44pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have pretty shitty eyesight myself (asian), and while I have no problems grappling, it's much harder to work on stand-up because I have to rely on reading just blurry body movement, and not both body movement and looking at my sparring partner's eyes to see what he's actually going for, which basically opens me up for a lot of feints.

That being said, doesn't Karo Parysian wear contacts? I remember they paused the fight for a few moments during the Parysian/Diaz fight because he lost one during an exchange.

McCainosaurus Rex

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 4:12pm

Style: Very Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    It doesn't assist in the deterioration of your vision. Geez.
    Alright, I guess I'll just ignore my ophthalmologist.

McCainosaurus Rex

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ysc87
    That being said, doesn't Karo Parysian wear contacts? I remember they paused the fight for a few moments during the Parysian/Diaz fight because he lost one during an exchange.
    I bet his opponent was pissed... I would be

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 4:23pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanhalen21
    I bet his opponent was pissed... I would be
    For a few moments' pause? Why?

Also, really. Glasses don't deteriorate your vision. I've been wearing glasses since I was 7, and my vision has plateu'd for the past few years. If that were correct, it wouldn't have stopped deteriorating, since I have to wear glasses all the time.

Could you back up that claim?

McCainosaurus Rex

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 5:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by whisper
    Also, really. Glasses don't deteriorate your vision. I've been wearing glasses since I was 7, and my vision has plateu'd for the past few years. If that were correct, it wouldn't have stopped deteriorating, since I have to wear glasses all the time.

Could you back up that claim?
    No, but I generally go on the assumption that my doctor knows what he's talking about... but then again he's human so he could be wrong. But usually when people look for credible arguments regarding medical issues they turn to doctors, so that kinda tells you something about how we come to the conclusion of whether or not something is true.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 6:18pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i cant read signs unless i put my head 2inches close to it. i have no trouble sparring without vision-aid, its just that when people hit me i just never know what got me...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 7:31pm

Style: BJJ, MMA,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would seriously recommend the bates method. The **** that has done for my life is fucking incredible. It saved my fucking life.
    Don't believe those lying optician bastards. Your eyes can improve significantly. My prescription is -9 both eyes (fucking bad) and after doing the method they have improved significantly, but I also had private classes with a Bates method guy. Worth every fucking penny, particularly as I can't have laser surgery because I love doing MMA/Grappling etc and PRK/EPI-Lasik only go up to a certain prescription and LASIK is dangerous if you want to do contact sports

Just dont wear them my mate is a pro boxer and he has minus seven both eyes.
    If you do get contacts I specifically wear Bausch and Laumb (not sure of spelling) because of every brand I have tried they are the ones least likely to come out during sparring.

But look into the method, it serioudly changed my life

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2007 9:21am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Bates Method looks like psuedoscience from a quick skim.. Anyone who teaches that staring at the sun can be beneficial to your eyesight I'd be wary of.

Why is laser eye surgery dangerous for contact sports, btw?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234