Posted On:
    3/08/2008 1:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    You still at Tai-Zen?
    No. It's been a long time. I was there 1978 to 1982. Then was in the Navy and traveled. Now I live in the distant land of Connecticut. In the 90's I used to come down on weekends and catch classes at Sensei Miraglias Shintai school.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 11:28pm

Style: JJJ/TSD/MT/BJJ/TLA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Besides the earlier comment about jujutsu/jiu-jitsu not meaning general art... on the first link to taizen.com, I notice in the background of the pictures that their panther logo has it written "jui-jitsu." Now, I understand typos to a certain extent... but seriously, that makes you wonder about the ability of the founder (who presumably made the logo) to claim he teaches jiu-jitsu.

The bit about "a single blow will often suffice" on the front page also seems kind of questionable. I don't know, maybe it's awesome, but their web presence really makes me wonder.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 11:32pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Website actually is normal for TMA or MA in general I think. Hyperbole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 9:17am

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a student there. they are very much into the "one single blow will suffice" concept. They will use a strike to a vulnerable area i.e the balls and call it a day.....at least in theory.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 11:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Praying Mantis, Baji

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know man this look awfully suspicious. Best check out from afar before entering something terrible.

Posted On:
    4/19/2008 6:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by amistars
    I was a student in of Sensei Tague amd Sensei Miraglia in Selden, Long Island. Both were the best teachers, any subject, I've ever had.

Bill
    You go back a long way my friend.

Shihan Miraglia was and still is one of the greatest martial artists / instructors alive!

People have a hard time understanding just how good a traditional martial artist can be, until they saw this guy in action.

Development of Ki strikes, amazing blocks and movements, sparring, timing, accuracy, structure, etc. Sound familiar?

Not only one of the greatest martial artists and instructors, but also one of the classiest, non-egotistical people around. He has always been very well respected on LI.

He still teaches a group of people on LI, and has trained some very highly skilled black belts.
    Last edited by mitchxxx; 4/19/2008 6:07pm at .

Posted On:
    12/19/2009 11:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jui Jitsu - Japanese

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I agree - Tai Zen was an awesome school when I attended

Quote Originally Posted by amistars View Post
    I was a student in of Sensei Tague amd Sensei Miraglia in Selden, Long Island. Both were the best teachers, any subject, I've ever had.

Bill
    This school taught martial arts like no other - strict self defense, I am happy to have attended and don't regret a moment - Sensei Miraglia was extremely talented

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    12/21/2009 6:35am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread necros suck!!

As far as I know about Tai-Zen, they are a splinter of American Combat Karate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/21/2009 12:41pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's a Ki strike?

Posted On:
    4/24/2013 10:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    umm, yeah... not going to say much else. we never really went for that,but I dont like the way some people carry themselfs on here. Omega buy a ticket and take the ride.TAI ZEN has been there 53 years and Sensei Miraglia has been training that long. myself only 40,first class at 10 years old 1973. Yes im an old man but i will be in NJ next weekend fighting in five straight Judo matches. we use to love guys like you to step through the door for a lesson in reality.tahts it,and thanks for making me smile.Mitch,your right on bro.
    Thanks.

umm, yeah... not going to say much else. we never really went for that,but I dont like the way some people carry themselfs on here. Omega buy a ticket and take the ride.TAI ZEN has been there 53 years and Sensei Miraglia has been training that long. myself only 40,first class at 10 years old 1973. Yes im an old man but i will be in NJ next weekend fighting in five straight Judo matches. we use to love guys like you to step through the door for a lesson in reality.tahts it,and thanks for making me smile.Mitch,your right on bro.
    Thanks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast