Page 5 of 5 First 12345

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    If you block a low kick with your arms, then eventually your face is going to start hurting quite a lot.
    I know Lu Tze, using hands to block low kicks is a bit retarded actually. It would require less energy if you just either evade via tai-sabaki (foot work) or leg check.

And to tell you what, I used to do a lot of throwing art (judo & aikido) before transition to karate, and hence my side and back muscle are well develop to cushion most kicks from the thousands of ukemi (back falls). Kicks to the side and back don't hurt me no more hur hur. I did received some side kicks (mawashi geri) to my side external oblique / latissimus dorsi and I just shrug it off. Sometimes, being a 200 pounder and beefy has its advantages.

But oh, well, I am there just for the exercise anyway... when in Rome, do what the Romans do.

GMW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    If you block a low kick with your arms, then eventually your face is going to start hurting quite a lot.
    There are no blocks in aikido.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^is that guy really an Aikido guy? I don't speak/read Japanese, but I've seen him advertised as a master of a few different arts on youtube videos. Felt the need to defend my old art a little....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, he isn't an Aikido guy. He is a faith healer who claimed to have learned "Daito Ryu Aikido" (sic) from ancient books. So figure...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He has about the same skill level as most Aikido guys though.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345