Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, they have it about as much as people do nowadays.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 8:46pm

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    This is the part of the op that threw up a flag to me. As it pertains to martial arts (the fighting bit, which is really the only thing you have to have), the post is about a parlor trick. .

Parlor trick is the key phrase. This trick was shown to me almost twenty years ago, and has absolfuckinglutley nothing to do with fighting lol.

It attempts to bend a straitened arm in the way it is naturally intended to bend....now if someone could "harness" the chi/ki to keep their arm from breaking while being bent the way it's not intended to bend that would be a cool trick.:byewhore:

:)

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 10:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you look at my avatar, I'm picking up that guy with my forearms and willpower alone...the arm bend thing, the hold my waist with your hands while I chi power out with my tantien, and the twist my wrist with your middle finger locked to mine, are all tricks to impress. Not fighting, just rigged situations for effect.

EDIT: avatar's changed...that's how I roll.:evil7:
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 12/24/2007 10:55pm at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/24/2007 5:03pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually liked the breakdown of the parlor trick, with a some proofreading and revision (mainly for brevity) and maybe a video or some pics it could be an article.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2008 12:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Zero. He won the tournaments he claims and he has or had a fight team.

Realize though, he is slowly becoming a guru to many IMAers who want to forget he has a legit BJJ background.

No, this isn't directed a hl1978. I'm bringing it up because, people use his BJJ BB to boost some of his musings on Tai Chi Grappling (yes, no hyphen on purpose) and Chi.

*EDIT*

Pay attention to the dates of the articles and books used a sources. His views have somewhat changed in the 15 years many of his articles were published. They have become more fleshed out and some actually contradict IMA doctorine.
    Am a student and thought I would add some additional insight to this post, Tim's classes are pretty much BJJ and with takedowns/throws that regularly involve his extensive non BJJ background (for lack of a bettter description)...I believe IMA's are now only taught on a private class basis... He is first class not only in instruction but as a person as well. Saturdays are open to all so if your in the area you are welcome to come roll as many non-regulars do from all over... His wikipedia profile does a good job of summing it all up...
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567