OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 8:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Footage of a seminar I shot on the guillotine and MMA guard passing

Attention white belts of the world: put down your copy of Mastering the Rubber Guard for about an hour and watch this video. I realize it may be hard to pull yourself away from all the bright colors and exotic nomenclature, but trust my judgment on this. What follows is a seminar I shot for my first BJJ instructor, Bryan Harper, recently promoted to black belt. He is very very good. In particular, he is very very good at passing the guard and choking people, which is great because I've included ten choking and passing techniques that I think will be extremely beneficial to your collective games. Best of all, they're all tailor-made to be applicable to that most elusive of creatures: MMA-specific grappling techniques.

So check it out. This was my first time shooting a seminar, and yes, I'm well aware that the camera gets a little...dynamic at times. I was constantly fighting for a good angle without getting in front of the seminar attendees or losing audio, so sometimes I had to adjust at inopportune moments.

Attention colored belts and no-gi wrestlers: Same thing, but with a tone less smarmy and condescending, and more enthusiastic.

http://www.youtube.com/LAVATORR

Sorry for not embedding any of these, but I don't want to slow the page down to a crawl.

Also, question for anyone knowledgable in the field of video encoding: this was only my second time uploading to Youtube. I shot all of this on very, very expensive miniDV and exported it from Final Cut as MPEG4 files. On my computer it looks pristine. On Youtube it looks and sounds like everyone's being attacked by a swarm of killer bees disguised as MPEG artifacts. Is there any way around this, or is this just Youtube's stupid fault?
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 8:44pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I is love you and the funny things you say. thanks for the videos.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 9:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arm-in-guillotine sweep. I do that preferentially a lot but from butterfly.

Pingo

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 9:44pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome! I've been actively trying to work on guillotines beyond the garden-variety arm-out closed-guard guillotine, glad to see more footage around to look at.

As for Youtube video quality, would you be adverse to uploading your videos to Stage6 or making it available for download at Megaupload?

If you're deadset on using Youtube, resize the video to 320×240 (native format), deinterlace your video (for interwebs flash maximization), and use H.264 or any other high quality codec for compression. There's a pretty good breakdown of a few other things here.

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 12:10pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Boyd, I've decided to quit my academy and advance my game entirely via an auto-didactic exploration of Eddie Bravo's instructional materials. Tremble before my mighty chili dog!

P.S. Thanks for the vids.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 12:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Upload them to google, they seem topreserve the video alot better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/28/2007 2:25am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.megaupload.com

split it up into 500mb pieces if need be.

Posted On:
    6/12/2008 8:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice vid!

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 9:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i tend to use guillotine chokes, however how would i counter the escape>?