Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 6:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    I've seen the Turkish Star Wars (as well as Turkish Spiderman) but never Turkish Star Trek so I'd personally appreciate it if you would bring it up. Possibly with clips or supporting pictures. More than likely taygun will try to explain how the action scenes in that movie used special Turkish karate.
    Enjoy. Seriously. It will blow your mind. Really.

Turkish Star Trek (eng. subtitles)#

p.s.
    Here the guys in the green shirts always die.

Here's an accurate review.

http://www.thewavemag.com/pagegen.ph...gename=article

Now, if you have "spare time on your hands," watch the Turkish Superman. It makes happy time in your pants.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 10:26pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Enjoy. Seriously. It will blow your mind. Really.

Turkish Star Trek (eng. subtitles)#

p.s.
    Here the guys in the green shirts always die.

Here's an accurate review.

http://www.thewavemag.com/pagegen.ph...gename=article

Now, if you have "spare time on your hands," watch the Turkish Superman. It makes happy time in your pants.

Turkish Superman is a movie that a lot of Turkish people didnt even see. Lots of us just learnt a movie like that existed with the help of youtube.(Its blocked now though) I dont know why there even is a movie like that...

The Star Wars one is called "Dunyayi Kurtaran Adam" which means "The Man that saves the World"
    This is an awfully funny and meaningless movie that even Turkish people laugh at.
    To be honest even when they interview the lead actor (he is pretty famous in Turkey. He gets a strange kind of respect in Turkey, we know the movies of him are always exaggarated and doesnt make any sense, however we like his effort) he also says that they knew the movie sucked. He says they didnt have any money so they used whatever equipment they found and since we didnt have any kind of science fiction movie those times (we still dont have...we have some but they are more like comedy films...literally i mean, not being funny when trying to be serious) so they just decided to do the movie anyways. I know it sucks in many ways but don't think we all watch the movie in awe or something in Turkey.

About the Star Trek one, dude I LOVE that movie. I mean literally.
    Its NOT a Star Trek copy, its a comedy film featuring a famous comedy film character named "Turist Omer" (tourist omer) in the world of Star Trek.(Which creates a kind of a funny irony, a guy from the streets of Turkey goes into the enviroment of Star Trek)
    As I said this is totally a comedy film, making fun of Star Trek in many ways, you will not get the jokes for sure however I love this movie so I want you to know its not a copy.

Actually we have a recent film with a very similar concept.
    Its called "G.O.R.A."
    Again the guy goes to the space but actually he is just a fake UFO photographer and carpet seller in real life etc etc its a comedy film too, but you can see a lot of things from star wars inside...
    you can check this out too...if you give a fck....

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 7:45am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, do not make me bring up Turkish Mortal Kombat.
    (I did see some rather interesting horror flicks. Musallat definitely caught my eye. Araf totally sucked though. Seriously. It was almost like watching a Russian sci-fi movie... And then there is Dabbe, which is a rip off of The Happening, which is in turn a rip off of Kai-Roh.)
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 11:43am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's kind of funny in a way. On the one hand, yeah those movies are atrocious and they have absolutely no regard for intellectual property rights. On the other hand, I love the fact that people don't let a lack of budget, technical skill, plot, or talent, stop them from trying to make movies. There is something almost charming about the terribleness of it all especially when you consider how many shitty, soul and mindless movies are cranked out by Hollywood each year with a huge budget and all the benefits possible.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 11:55am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    It's kind of funny in a way. On the one hand, yeah those movies are atrocious and they have absolutely no regard for intellectual property rights. On the other hand, I love the fact that people don't let a lack of budget, technical skill, plot, or talent, stop them from trying to make movies. There is something almost charming about the terribleness of it all especially when you consider how many shitty, soul and mindless movies are cranked out by Hollywood each year with a huge budget and all the benefits possible.
    Dude, the whole awesomeness of that movie, is how badly it was done. Yep, it was done on a low budget, and yes, it somehow ended up being about Tourist Omer, but hey, if you're familiar with Russian comedy,

it will grow on you.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am extremely disappointed that I can't find Turkish Mortal Kombat on youtube.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 3:25am

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Dude, do not make me bring up Turkish Mortal Kombat.
    (I did see some rather interesting horror flicks. Musallat definitely caught my eye. Araf totally sucked though. Seriously. It was almost like watching a Russian sci-fi movie... And then there is Dabbe, which is a rip off of The Happening, which is in turn a rip off of Kai-Roh.)
    Turkish mortal kombat? no way....really? can u give me a link or somethin?

About the horror movies, imo they all suck. I mean technically. And I can also say if you watch those in theaters you can see half of the people laughing their asses off.

But here is the irony. We are aware that these movies suck? yeah
    we laugh like hell when we watch it? yeah.

So why do we still go to theaters? Or why do people still do these movies?
    Even there are people just go watch these to be a dick or directors just start to do these movies so it will be better with time etc...These are not the real reasons.

The real reason is, Turkey is a muslim country. And even that we are not like Arab countries (you are free about what you want to believe, we are secular. Also you can drink or fck anyone u want or whatever noone gives a ****. Of course there will be groups that might give u trouble like uver conservative people, but different styles of these people are everywhere in the world right now) we still believe in our religion.

I dont want to stereotype but most of the Turkish muslims are like lazy students, they do the things that they REALLY have to do and anything else....naaah....
    but they still believe in god and prophet etc.

We grow up learning about these souls and djinns that we cannot see and how they can hurt us, so even if people go to movies and laugh at it, when they are alone at home they start to feel scared.

So the movies focus on Islamic beliefs (and superstitions) and dont mind all the shittiness aside. Because even if you dont give a fck first, they know the story will make u scared later. kinda ironic.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 3:44am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    I dont want to stereotype but most of the Turkish muslims are like lazy students, they do the things that they REALLY have to do and anything else....naaah....
    but they still believe in god and prophet etc.

We grow up learning about these souls and djinns that we cannot see and how they can hurt us, so even if people go to movies and laugh at it, when they are alone at home they start to feel scared.

So the movies focus on Islamic beliefs (and superstitions) and dont mind all the shittiness aside. Because even if you dont give a fck first, they know the story will make u scared later. kinda ironic.
    How quaint .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 7:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    Also you can drink or fck anyone u want or whatever noone gives a ****.

Yeppers, Turkish Star Trek (as the most immediate example) had more than it's share of skin every time a female character bent over, and Turkey (I've only been there once as a kid) is definitely one of my fave places (hot womminz in skimpy outfits make evil monkey happy.)

But dude, the film industry... you guys have it as bad as us. Srsly, have you ever seen Nightwatch? Don't. I'll save you the time.

Synopsis:
    Awesome visual effects of vikings fighting not vikings, some **** happens, vampire, evil guys are actually neutral or some ****, an owl, almost naked chick who's actually really ugly so I didn't care, little kid is the main character's son. Now duct tape those together, that will be your plot.

There, I saved you 2 hours. Now go watch Ju-on.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 8:15am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't Nightwatch from Russia? I kinda liked it. Daywatch too.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast