Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 11:43am

Style: jiu jitsu, kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by taygun View Post
    I don't think you understand what "full power" means. That video really doesn't help your case.

You think sparring should be more speed oriented - this is probably where you're misinformed. If you tried sparring with proper contact you would discover a whole new dimension to self defense.

This is simply karate, with the names changed to old Turkish - this does not make it Turkish. Something that's 99% karate is still karate.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 11:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sayokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thats cuz your'e an idiot. many different strikes. what makes you an expert anyway?
    you cant use full force drilling in class you moron

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 11:46am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is different about Sayokan?

At first glance Sayokan looks a lot like other styles in the karate category most closely resembling Ashihara “in my opinion” because Of our founder’s time spent in that system and because the rules for competition are so similar. But that’s where it ends.

Sayokan is so different from other styles that it can’t be answered in one statement.

#1-Strategy-In most styles the emphasis is on technique while in Sayokan, strategy is the number one issue. This is why the average person can use Sayokan affectively without precise technical ability.

#2-Ability- Your system should support you and not the other way around. If you are an incredible athlete just about any style you choose can be affective for you. But what about the rest of us. Jeat kun do was Bruce Lee’s style but very few practice it. Jeat kun do was good for him because of his athletic ability. sayokan can be affective for even the average person with limited abilities.

#3-Movement-Some styles revolve around circular movements and some strait lines or 45 degree angles. Sayokan utilizes the crescent in it’s footwork and for it’s power. Most of the strikes and kicks either move in the shape of the crescent or get there power from the body’s crescent movements. Even the Arrow punch which moves in a strait line gets its power from the crescent movement of the shoulders and hips.

#4-Strikes-Sayokan has many strikes and kicks different from traditional styles from the Ottoman strike to the orak(sickle) and the Tirpon(finish)kick.

#5-improvisation-Traditional styles discourage using your imagination but Sayokan’s whole purpose is to prepare you to improvise.

#6Kata-Traditional katas have many useless techniques while Sayokan(tolas) consist only of techniques you are likely to use in real life.

#7-Religion-Sayokan has no religious affiliation while most traditional styles Incorporate philosophies of Budism and Taoism. Sayokan leadership encourages loyalty to your own country and personal beliefs. Sayokan headquarters In Turkiye has all the countries flags so that when you visit and train there you can salute your own country’s flag

#8-Power-All Sayokan strikes are full power as you would use for breaking demonstrations.

#9-Stance-Sayokan practitioners stand more like a boxer which is more realistic. Many Styles teach you to stand sideways which is terrible for balance and stability.
    Yep. You're an idiot.

From what you wrote and videos posted Sayokan is not much different the most other MA. Its obvious you aren't well versed enough to speak for most MA.

FYI is JEET KUNE Do. One of the most recognized MA in the world and you can't even spell it right yet you can speak how rehashed Ashihara Karate is so different!?!?!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 11:49am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, what are those awesome bracers in the first few minutes of the video for?

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thats cuz your'e an idiot. many different strikes. what makes you an expert anyway?
    I hate to say this but you are showing your ignorance here actually .

1st: Nowhere did lefi say anything about drilling full power . Which you can and should be doing , it just requires conditioning and proper gear.

2nd: He said you needed some sparring at proper contact levels .

3rd: He never claimed to be expert and instead stated something that is obvious to most people.

Please don't project your own faults onto other people taygun .

* edit *

oh I was just a hair late with my criticism .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 3:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, that's a strong argument. Given that I'm an idiot and a moron, you must be right. You do your instructors proud.

Sorry to burst your bubble, cupcake. You want to bury your head and keep believing what you believe, go for it. Couple of things before I go:

• You compete against :
      Kyokushin Kaikan, Ashiara Kaikan, Seidokan, Shidokan, Enshin Kaikan, Yoshi Kaikan, Oyama (Shigeru Oyama) Karate.
      All karate. Next time you're competing, count how many of your super-special moves you actually use versus the moves every single karate style out there uses. Go ahead and try to win a competition just using your Osmanli Tokadi and Orak whatevers.
    • Changing Dan to San, Kata to Tola does not make it a different art
    • Believing in a Pan-Turkic future does not mean you can just take **** and call it Turkish. There is plenty in Turkish culture to be proud of without having to steal.

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 3:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this a good time to bring up the Turkish version of Star Trek, or is this discussion headed for anything serious?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 3:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sayokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you obviously have a lot of time on your hand to research us so i'll answer you since you are so confused. evrybody punches and kicks. doesnt make them the same or there wouldnt be so many styles. it's not that complicated.
    if you ever actualy try a martial art you'll learn this. good luck sport

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 4:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you obviously have a lot of time on your hand to research us so i'll answer you since you are so confused. evrybody punches and kicks. doesnt make them the same or there wouldnt be so many styles. it's not that complicated.
    if you ever actualy try a martial art you'll learn this. good luck sport
    Wow, that was stupid on so many levels.

First off, the "you have so much time on your hands" condescension **** is tried by every idiot who finds themselves cornered and unable to argue. It doesn't work, just places you in a special category of stupid. Somehow I doubt you're a Fortune 500 CEO, but if you are, how about you stop wasting your precious time here?

Of course there are differences between striking styles. But try actually using logic next time : some styles' punches/kicks are different than others' does not lead to the conclusion that all styles' punches/kicks are different. Many styles are pretty much the same, but get given different names for all kinds of reasons. Yours just happens to be nationalism.

Unlike you, I have trained in multiple martial arts (hint: this includes karate). Unlike you, I can actually tell what martial art I'm practising.

I'll leave you with an exercise in logic that even you should be able to follow :

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, is it a duck, or is it Sayokan Super Turkish Don't call it a Duck it's our special Eagle that will unite the Nations?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 5:42pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Is this a good time to bring up the Turkish version of Star Trek, or is this discussion headed for anything serious?
    I've seen the Turkish Star Wars (as well as Turkish Spiderman) but never Turkish Star Trek so I'd personally appreciate it if you would bring it up. Possibly with clips or supporting pictures. More than likely taygun will try to explain how the action scenes in that movie used special Turkish karate.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast