Posted On:
    4/24/2010 8:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sayokan - Lineage

Hi All,
    I have black belt in Sayokan Karate. I had chance to trained with head representative of Sayokan Karate in United State when I was renting his karate school to teached my MMA Class.

I jumped at the opportunity because I wanted to learn the Sabaki or Ashihara Karate footwork.

Sayokan basically came from Ashihara Karate. Yabgu Nihat Yigit (Sayokan Founder) was an uchi deshi of Ashihara for about 5 years I think.

Like anything, style change due to politics, time, culture or the instructor/founder preference.

Like anything...in martial arts there is no perfect answer for everything...that is why cross training is very important

Thank
    Z
    Fusion Mixed Martial Arts
    www.fusionmma.com

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 2:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sayokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Mong. I'm suprized that a knowledgable martial artist with your experience even bothers with these idiots who are clueless but just in case someone is really interested here is the link to my site where there is plenty of videos and information.
    no need to guess. it is different to follow on the turkish sites because thier english is not that good. www.sayokan-usa.com

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2010 2:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is different about Sayokan?

At first glance Sayokan looks a lot like other styles in the karate category most closely resembling Ashihara “in my opinion” because Of our founder’s time spent in that system and because the rules for competition are so similar. But that’s where it ends.

Sayokan is so different from other styles that it can’t be answered in one statement.

#1-Strategy-In most styles the emphasis is on technique while in Sayokan, strategy is the number one issue. This is why the average person can use Sayokan affectively without precise technical ability.

#2-Ability- Your system should support you and not the other way around. If you are an incredible athlete just about any style you choose can be affective for you. But what about the rest of us. Jeat kun do was Bruce Lee’s style but very few practice it. Jeat kun do was good for him because of his athletic ability. sayokan can be affective for even the average person with limited abilities.

#3-Movement-Some styles revolve around circular movements and some strait lines or 45 degree angles. Sayokan utilizes the crescent in it’s footwork and for it’s power. Most of the strikes and kicks either move in the shape of the crescent or get there power from the body’s crescent movements. Even the Arrow punch which moves in a strait line gets its power from the crescent movement of the shoulders and hips.

#4-Strikes-Sayokan has many strikes and kicks different from traditional styles from the Ottoman strike to the orak(sickle) and the Tirpon(finish)kick.

#5-improvisation-Traditional styles discourage using your imagination but Sayokan’s whole purpose is to prepare you to improvise.

#6Kata-Traditional katas have many useless techniques while Sayokan(tolas) consist only of techniques you are likely to use in real life.

#7-Religion-Sayokan has no religious affiliation while most traditional styles Incorporate philosophies of Budism and Taoism. Sayokan leadership encourages loyalty to your own country and personal beliefs. Sayokan headquarters In Turkiye has all the countries flags so that when you visit and train there you can salute your own country’s flag

#8-Power-All Sayokan strikes are full power as you would use for breaking demonstrations.

#9-Stance-Sayokan practitioners stand more like a boxer which is more realistic. Many Styles teach you to stand sideways which is terrible for balance and stability.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 11:56am

Style: jiu jitsu, kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by taygun View Post
    #1-Strategy-In most styles the emphasis is on technique while in Sayokan, strategy is the number one issue. This is why the average person can use Sayokan affectively without precise technical ability.
    "Most styles"? Just how many styles have you studies to be able to make this judgement?

#3-Movement-Some styles revolve around circular movements and some strait lines or 45 degree angles. Sayokan utilizes the crescent in itís footwork and for itís power. Most of the strikes and kicks either move in the shape of the crescent or get there power from the bodyís crescent movements. Even the Arrow punch which moves in a strait line gets its power from the crescent movement of the shoulders and hips.
    Can you explain the difference between circular and crescent movements? And are you seriously under the impression that any other karate style does not have the same moves?

#8-Power-All Sayokan strikes are full power as you would use for breaking demonstrations.
    Fascinating. Do you have any videos showing how your regular sparring sessions using full breaking power look? You guys must be well hard to be able to practive with breaking power with every strike.

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 12:20pm

Style: TKD Boxing grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 9:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/26/2010 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the full power striking is specificaly for self defense. sparring is another context altogether but since you're such an expert you probably knew that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 1:56am

Style: jiu jitsu, kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the full power striking is specificaly for self defense. sparring is another context altogether but since you're such an expert you probably knew that.
    No, I didn't know that, thanks for explaining. So how is that different to other martial arts?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 5:14am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sparring is much more speed oriented.in self defense, "especially for women" every strike has to count. they may only get one or two shots. if it doesnt do serious damage they will only piss the guy off. our movements are designed to leave you chambered on either side and use your whole body in every strike and also to strike on the move. it's not that complicated. if youve seen braking you see how a person set's himself up, proper stance ect. also tipical karate and especialy TKD stand sideways when they fight. you know what i'm talking about. do you really care or just bustin my chops?:eusa_hand
    Last edited by taygun; 4/27/2010 5:18am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2010 5:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lefi View Post
    No, I didn't know that, thanks for explaining. So how is that different to other martial arts?
    sparring is much more speed oriented.in self defense, "especially for women" every strike has to count. they may only get one or two shots. if it doesnt do serious damage they will only piss the guy off. our movements are designed to leave you chambered on either side and use your whole body in every strike and also to strike on the move. it's not that complicated. if youve seen braking you see how a person set's himself up, proper stance ect. also tipical karate and especialy TKD stand sideways when they fight. you know what i'm talking about. do you really care or just bustin my chops?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast