222377 Bullies, 4254 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 37
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,956

    Posted On:
    12/20/2007 3:05pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melk
    Omega,

    I was wondering if you factored into your review that this was a distance learning belt system? http://www.mmasaddle.com/?page_id=5 Therefore by nature it should be good for someone with no experience should it not?
    1. No I let videos stand on their own. If you want me to take a look at the whole system then I need to be asked to.
    2. I must be reading into something different. According to that page I would introduce it at the blue belt level which coincides to what I was saying.
  2. melk is offline
    melk's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    511

    Posted On:
    12/20/2007 3:32pm


     Style: *********

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Scrooged Me
    1. No I let videos stand on their own. If you want me to take a look at the whole system then I need to be asked to.
    2. I must be reading into something different. According to that page I would introduce it at the blue belt level which coincides to what I was saying.
    Let me hunt up some clarity and I will get back to you on that. Probably as a PM though as you answered my main question.
  3. Roidie McDouchebag is offline
    Roidie McDouchebag's Avatar

    Injury Waiting To Happen

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    9,419

    Posted On:
    3/28/2008 2:14am

    supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got this set and it is awesome, in the sense that my leglock game had been stagnant for a long time. I also completely neglected the full saddle position. Tonight I tried it out for the first time and it worked great. The leglocks were secure in a way they hadn't been previously.
  4. theotherserge is offline
    theotherserge's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North of San Francisco
    Posts
    4,458

    Posted On:
    3/28/2008 2:22am

    Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge
    I just got this set and it is awesome, in the sense that my leglock game had been stagnant for a long time. I also completely neglected the full saddle position. Tonight I tried it out for the first time and it worked great. The leglocks were secure in a way they hadn't been previously.

    what the hell is "full saddle" ? srsly.
  5. Roidie McDouchebag is offline
    Roidie McDouchebag's Avatar

    Injury Waiting To Happen

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    9,419

    Posted On:
    3/28/2008 2:53am

    supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Er...there are basically two ways to wrap a figure-four around an opponent's leg when going for achilles/ankle/heel hook. It's the better one. Look it up.
  6. theotherserge is offline
    theotherserge's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North of San Francisco
    Posts
    4,458

    Posted On:
    3/28/2008 11:28am

    Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge
    Er...there are basically two ways to wrap a figure-four around an opponent's leg when going for achilles/ankle/heel hook. It's the better one. Look it up.
    Don't need to look it up, it was one of the first things I was taught re:leglocking. It was never called "saddle" but whatever...
  7. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,956

    Posted On:
    3/28/2008 11:33am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention the saddle is actually a modified triangle or figure four.
  8. theotherserge is offline
    theotherserge's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North of San Francisco
    Posts
    4,458

    Posted On:
    3/28/2008 11:39am

    Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention the saddle is actually a modified triangle or figure four.
    Good lord, finally some answers!!

    j/k
  9. Roidie McDouchebag is offline
    Roidie McDouchebag's Avatar

    Injury Waiting To Happen

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    9,419

    Posted On:
    3/28/2008 1:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but I'm referring to...the position you get a...I think it's a reverse heel hook from? As opposed to a regular heel hook? I just call them heel hooks, which has made me sound retarded on this issue before. I don't have the sambo vocab for leglocks and I don't have the BJJ vocab for the rest of grappling.
  10. theotherserge is offline
    theotherserge's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North of San Francisco
    Posts
    4,458

    Posted On:
    3/28/2008 2:45pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge
    Yeah, but I'm referring to...the position you get a...I think it's a reverse heel hook from? As opposed to a regular heel hook? I just call them heel hooks, which has made me sound retarded on this issue before. I don't have the sambo vocab for leglocks and I don't have the BJJ vocab for the rest of grappling.
    Yeah, the vocabulary is so much less important than the quality of training IMO whatever it is in Sambo or BJJ or Judo: if you're not controlling the hips, you don't have good position.

    The old man would say, in his nasally Russian accent, "Who cares what to call it if it makes tapping!"
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.