Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 12:53am

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh.. they both offer trial classes. Guess I'll check 'em both out. Then maybe next TD I'LL be tossing YOU to the mat like a sack of potatoes.

But prolly not. :confused4

BTW- Kempo, do a google search for stickfighting mma. See what comes up as the first result.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 5:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo23
    I guess the guy at fighthouse who'd be teaching the class is Adam Schortz. I know nothing about him.
    I know nothing about him, either. However, at first glance, his credentials appear to at least be straightforward, if a bit lean in MMA:

Adam Schortz is a free style fighter soon to make his professional Mixed Martial Arts debut. Adam has a vast knowledge of many martial arts and is proficient in various striking and grappling styles, including Muay Thai Kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do Kickboxing, Boxing, Valetudo, Japanese Jiu Jitsu, and Wing Chun. His ground game comes from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and high school wrestling - which he has continued to the present day - as well as Judo and Sambo.

He started training in Tae Kwan Do at the age of six and attained the rank of black belt. This flyweight competitor has seven years of Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu training with many instructors within the Gracie organization. He achieved the rank of purple belt. Throughout his many years of Submission Fighting in the Expert and Advanced divisions, he was awarded 2nd Men's Advanced in the October 2007 Grappler's Quest, Featherweight Division (up to 149 lbs), 4th Men's Advanced Featherweight, 2006 NAGA World Championships, 4th Men's Advanced Featherweight 2005 Grapplers Quest National Championships, 3rd Men's Advanced 2004 NAGA World Championships, and 2nd Men's Expert Flyweight 2004 NAGA Championships.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 5:53pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    I know nothing about him, either. However, at first glance, his credentials appear to at least be straightforward, if a bit lean in MMA:

Adam Schortz is a free style fighter soon to make his professional Mixed Martial Arts debut. Adam has a vast knowledge of many martial arts and is proficient in various striking and grappling styles, including Muay Thai Kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do Kickboxing, Boxing, Valetudo, Japanese Jiu Jitsu, and Wing Chun. His ground game comes from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and high school wrestling - which he has continued to the present day - as well as Judo and Sambo.

He started training in Tae Kwan Do at the age of six and attained the rank of black belt. This flyweight competitor has seven years of Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu training with many instructors within the Gracie organization. He achieved the rank of purple belt. Throughout his many years of Submission Fighting in the Expert and Advanced divisions, he was awarded 2nd Men's Advanced in the October 2007 Grappler's Quest, Featherweight Division (up to 149 lbs), 4th Men's Advanced Featherweight, 2006 NAGA World Championships, 4th Men's Advanced Featherweight 2005 Grapplers Quest National Championships, 3rd Men's Advanced 2004 NAGA World Championships, and 2nd Men's Expert Flyweight 2004 NAGA Championships.
    Forget it. I think I'm confused about who Adam is. Please disreguard.

EDIT: Yup. Definetely confused. I thought he was a guy who runs a very small MMA group out of fight house who I've watched train and it didn't seem terribly effective or intense. Please ignore me.
    Last edited by JP; 12/20/2007 5:56pm at .
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 6:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo23
    BTW- Kempo, do a google search for stickfighting mma. See what comes up as the first result.

hrmm.....

RESULT 1: Ronin vs. Fighthouse - Page 2 - No BS Martial Arts
    BTW- Kempo, do a google search for stickfighting mma. ... Mixed Martial Arts and Kickboxing Forum Physical Training and Health Martial Arts News Forum ...
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=63995&page=2 - 42k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

RESULT 2:YouTube - Me vs Mojo: Kali Tudo
    Me vs Mojo in stick-fighting/MMA sparring. (more). Added: December 16, 2007. Me vs Mojo in stick-fighting/MMA sparring. (less). Added: December 16, 2007 ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbESPAvobvk - 77k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Bwahahaha! The power of my unique phrasing of stick fighting and MMA together is only triumphed by that same wording being posted on Bullshido!
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 11:46am

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Bwahahaha! The power of my unique phrasing of stick fighting and MMA together is only triumphed by that same wording being posted on Bullshido!
    Looks like it got pushed down. It was #1 for a while. Prolly the first time I've ever seen myself show up as the top result in a google search (oo! I'm FAMOUS! :XXonlyamo )

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I know nothing about him, either. However, at first glance, his credentials appear to at least be straightforward, if a bit lean in MMA
    Yeah, I guess the selling point for Fighthouse would be Brandon Levi who is their Kickboxing dude, oh yeah, and it actually fits into my schedule. Fighthouse's BJJ guy is Christiano L Perreira Bertolucci. Can't find any reference to his fighting record online, though.

On the other hand, Christian from Ronin offered to give me a discount rate. Out of curiosity, for you MMA guys, how much time do you train in striking vs grappling? About even or do you focus on one over the other?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12