Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2009 11:21am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always taught (former shooting instructor for the IDF) to use discretion, naturally if you're running, and somehow ran out of ammo, drop that **** and keep shooting. If you're behind a window returning fire and your mag runs out, and you have time for it, stick it in a pocket or between straps and return fire. most important thing is to renew fire, FAST!

As for reloads, I think it was 4 seconds as a bar for basic, and then hopefully they shave that time down with more experience. that's with a used, old M-16, not a competition handgun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 1:16pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The pros can have a new mag loaded and a shot off before the spent mag hits the ground. I think anything faster than the 2 second range is to the point of diminishing returns.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 1:52pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just did a snap cap reload drill with my 7-shot .357 and a speedloader (not a moon clip like Jerry...) Best I could manage was 4 seconds or so. Jerry could have put 18 rounds into me in that time.

Last time I was at the range I could reload my revolver faster than Sam Browning could reload his Hi-power. That must count for something, right?
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234