My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    negative points for a tricked out 1911.
    Pet peeve of mine. If you have to trickout a pistol that much then you don't need a pistol.

All I can say about Miculek is HOLY ****!!!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 9:36pm

Style: mozambique drill

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IPSC long ago stopped being about "realistic" and just became a game, complete with powergaming the rules - .38 super and the rather arbitrary major/minor classification, compensators, magwells the size of Texas, optics, and the need for a velcro strap to keep your pistol from falling out of your holster when you're walking around.

IDPA if anything overdoes the realism, and still can't get around some aspects of powergaming - the pistols don't overtly look like IPSC raceguns, but at high levels the internals are still polished, tuned, barrels cost thousands, etc.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 3:43am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for the sake of argument, explain why his reload is invalidated if he doesn't retain the magazine?
    In a military combat situation, maybe. But the average civilian (including police officers) is better off getting his reload done quickly and positively. The chance that he's going to need to go back to a partially-full magazine (or, especially, an empty one!) before the fight is over is much lower than the chance that he'll get whacked while fumbling to manipulate three objects with two hands. If you're playing a game like IDPA where magazine retention is part of the rules, then you're stuck, but in real life, I don't see the big deal.

Again, if you're a Marine in Iraq or a contractor in Afghanistan, that's different.

Actually, I also don't get how fast magazine changes are supposed to put an end to sighted fire, but maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by Don Gwinn; 12/22/2007 3:45am at .

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 11:33am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, **** retaining your mags. If thats a concern then your department needs a bigger budget, which means YOU need to go out and get signatures for a levy. Seriously.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 12:28pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my god. Mr Miculek is clearly one of those reptiloid things mentioned on the conspiracy forum because humans just aren't that fast.

That was incredible. Not to mention he appears to older.

I'd take a gun course from that man anytime.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    12/30/2007 11:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jerry probably wouldn't be able to teach you to do what he does. Just do what he did--be born with freakish reflexes and coordination, and then fire pallets of ammunition per year for decades.
    What could be simpler?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 2:10am

Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IPSC, IDPA, whatever are not combat training they are simlpy a fun game to demonstate gun handling skills. Shooting at targets that don't shoot back with a guy standing behind you keeping score is not real life shooting training or combat stress innoculation.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 2:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't say? Well, thanks for setting us straight. For a minute there I was scared shitless of that Miculek feller, but if you say so...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 3:23pm

Style: TMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as mag retention goes, you should retain your mags. However, when in a fire situation, it's better to drop a mag and get it back later than to worry about a single magazine while you're being shot at. I've already had to resist the urge to buttstroke one nco for chewing me out about my mag (lousy nco all around, but still, bad politics to attack one, even if you are right). I know the SF guys are about retention, because they might be moving fast and furious with no time to stop. But any regular unit is going to mop up after a fire fight.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 3:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to say - Camp MacKall is fucking LITTERED with M-16 mags, some of them quite new. Hundreds upon literal hundreds. I'm talking to the degree in some areas where if you prone out, you'll always be able to pick one up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast