Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC!
    Posts
    1,245
    Style
    Mostly drinking. E-chaun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    anyone know if there was, or will be a human weapon episode on western martial arts?

    It would be interesting to see them suit up and spar with wasters.

  2. #2
    Keeping you safe from Mongolians

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,326
    Style
    Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Savate/La canne.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    253
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they should do an episode on Model Mugging and the final challenge will be to kick someone in one of those big padded suits in the nuts at least 12 times

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Scranton, Pa
    Posts
    500
    Style
    ex-wrestler, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They did Savate, US Marines combat, MMA, if you want to count Sambo and Krav Maga. That's about it. The next episode is Taekwondo, and they are supposed to have a sumo episode, and I think that wraps up season one.

  5. #5
    lionknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    1,193
    Style
    Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm really surprised they didn't cover boxing in the first season.

  6. #6
    joecos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    876
    Style
    Karate, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightin Penguin
    They did Savate, US Marines combat, MMA, if you want to count Sambo and Krav Maga. That's about it. The next episode is Taekwondo, and they are supposed to have a sumo episode, and I think that wraps up season one.
    Lets not forget Pankration, from Greece, the cradle of WESTERN civilation!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    484
    Style
    boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight
    I'm really surprised they didn't cover boxing in the first season.
    Meh, they already learned the deadly chainpunch in the Kung Fu episode so they don't need to.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,448
    Style
    MMA, JKD philosophy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be pretty sweet if they did a WMA episode. Imagine them training with the ARMA. Many styles could get mentioned in that one; Kampfringen, Fencing, Irish stickfighting, Irish collar and jacket wrestling, Pirking, Spanish and Italian knifefighting, etc. etc. But you know they'd mention Stav. Crap.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    400
    Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    It would be pretty sweet if they did a WMA episode. Imagine them training with the ARMA. Many styles could get mentioned in that one; Kampfringen, Fencing, Irish stickfighting, Irish collar and jacket wrestling, Pirking, Spanish and Italian knifefighting, etc. etc. But you know they'd mention Stav. Crap.
    I would love to see that lol, although who would they have teach them. watch some 90 year old, pissed, drunk irish guy beat bill duff's ass with a stick. :beatdead:

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    897
    Style
    Boxing.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aye, they should go over to SESH in Finland. That would be awesome to watch.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO