Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 5:49pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by littleoldme View Post
    My favourite use for them, and one that has helped me recover from crippling (literally) plantar fasiitis and various other foot problems is simply to roll the balls under my feet. I start with a largish ball, bit bigger then a tennis ball, then move down to smaller, harder balls. It feels lovely, you get a fantastic foot massage and it's very energising.
    Try touching your toes and measure how far you can reach, then do the above exercise and try to touch your toes again. Our physio at work uses this technique with some of the more inflexible clients, and the effect is really impressive.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2009 11:13am

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like this approach to training. I wonder, would massaging and slapping the muscles be a good way to prepare them for this more intense form of scar destruction?

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    12/21/2009 4:27pm

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat View Post
    For a cheap alternative, try going to a foam and rubber supplier - here in Australia, there's a store called Clark's Foam and Rubber that will custom make basically anything you specify out of foam and/or rubber. You can choose the size, color, and density of the foam rod you want, and they'll cut it to size for you.
    I actually heard Clark's Foam and Rubber didn't have the goods when it came to home-made foam rollers. Maybe my coach wasn't looking hard enough!

Santeria Claus - holy ****, you heard a deep-tissue tearing noise? Sounds like something ripped, not in a good way. Nodes and trigger points don't make noises, at least not when released.
    Last edited by socratic; 12/21/2009 4:32pm at .
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234