Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 10:44am

Style: Sanshou/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Heart rate monitors $

Hello all quick question, about how much will a good quality heart rate monitor run you these days. I don't use them myself but I recently received my personal trainers certification and I'm thinking about either asking my clients to purchase one or buying them some myself depending on the price of course. Any good brands you know of and how much they cost would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 10:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shop around, ebay might have some good deals.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My beloved bought me a Polar rs300 for my birthday. Currently $150 at Amazon; $129 for the orange one.

She didn't go for the add-on doodads, knowing that I'd sooner use it for a bit to see whether those things would be useful. (After a number of months, I haven't bothered. The "foot pod" would be irrelevant, as I know how far I'm going. And the "flowlink," which would xmit workout data to a computer, seems to need you to register and xmit the data to their website, rather than just locally to your own damn computer. Also appears to be unreliable, according to reviews. I just enter data saved in the watch the old fashioned way: via keyboard.)

One nice feature: it talks to the dreadmills at the gym. As in, my HR shows continuously on the treadmill's display. That's handy, as the lighting in the place is kind of dodgy and reflections make it tough to read the wristwatch display at times. It also means that if I boneheadedly leave the watch portion home (yep, just once) the strap still talks to the treadmill and lets me know how I'm going.

HTH.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 7:18pm

Style: Sanshou/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks I'll shop around and see what I can find