Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 12:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ju-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to learn how to understand what you are reading.I told him that they will train the proper instinct in to your head so that you will react on that instinct and win the fight.
    I never said anything about forgetting what he was taught nor did I offer praise.I offered a little advice.
    Heres some advice for you.Think before you speak(or in this case type) because you just made yourself look like a jackass.

By the way,the "your fired" comment,very clever.How did you come up with something so clever and original?
    Last edited by kinley; 4/05/2008 12:56pm at .

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 4:47pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinley
    In my first full contact fight I think I was partially knocked out.I can remember the fight starting,then the next thing I remember was being back in a fighting stance and seeing a kick coming at my head.Purely out of instinct I put up a kick block and blocked the kick.After that i held on to his leg and tried to take him down,but time ran out.
    The training definitely works but it takes a long time and a lot of pracrice to get good.
    I wish you luck in whatever style you go with.
    Do you have dates and venues for this full contact fight? Do you have a fight record to speak of? Answering these would help us all put what you say into a better context.

What do you have to say about the quality of education you received at the academy? Do you feel you received education that prepares you for say college?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2008 8:46pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first time you get hit hard in a full contact fight everything you were taught goes out the window and you will react on instinct.
    I realize that "everything you were taught goes out the window" is slang but I'm pretty sure this implies that you didn't use anything you were taught. This is not high praise.

I see you have "ju-jitsu" in your style field. That is a pretty broad catagory... what style of "ju-jitsu" do you take. I would love to see it if you're every in Georgia.

Wow 3rd post in and you're already throwing insults. Amazing testicular fortitude.
    Last edited by caseyboy; 4/07/2008 3:40pm at .
    In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary..."Come again?"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 4:39pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, it sounds like you really want to be a good person. Usually people who want to be a good person really are and they let the thoughts and feelings of others cloud their own self perception. You will never be the person you want to be unless you put yourself first. You will never be able to be as usefull to your friends and love ones as you want to be unless you are the best you that you can be. I wish you well and recomend that you take that 12k a year and put it to much better use. Judo, BJJ, MT or something practical

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2008 4:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    by the way the place you train and learn sounds like a cult. read up on cults and see if they fit the mold.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2008 1:31pm

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielson
    Dude, it sounds like you really want to be a good person. Usually people who want to be a good person really are and they let the thoughts and feelings of others cloud their own self perception. You will never be the person you want to be unless you put yourself first. You will never be able to be as usefull to your friends and love ones as you want to be unless you are the best you that you can be. I wish you well and recomend that you take that 12k a year and put it to much better use. Judo, BJJ, MT or something practical
    Don't judge Bok Fu Do by the Bok Fu taught at West Winds. They're simply not the same.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    4/07/2008 3:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my first full contact fight I think I was partially knocked out.I can remember the fight starting,then the next thing I remember was being back in a fighting stance and seeing a kick coming at my head.Purely out of instinct I put up a kick block and blocked the kick.After that i held on to his leg and tried to take him down,but time ran out.
    The training definitely works but it takes a long time and a lot of pracrice to get good.
    I wish you luck in whatever style you go with.
    Huh?

The fight starts, a guy kicks, you block, tried a takedown, and then time's up??

Full contact fight, one round, 30 seconds??

yeah.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2008 1:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdinca
    Don't judge Bok Fu Do by the Bok Fu taught at West Winds. They're simply not the same.
    point taken
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678