Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 5:28pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Claus
    I think he's bitter that he doesn't have your firetruck, I understand it's a real babe magnet :)
    Well, that's probably why his guys got into being "fireman", they sure the **** don't put out fires.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 5:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, an MA school that teaches ineffective MA alongside of a questionable academic school for which they charge you an outrageous amount of money actually sounds like a cult, IMO. Also, I'm not sure, but running a school for which you charge money off of a HOME SCHOOLING license sounds illegal.

Either way, QUIT IMMEDIATELY.

Join a GED program at your local community college for a fraction of the money. While you go through that, train at a decent grappling or MMA school for a fraction of the money. Then, after you have your GED, continue with your plan to join the marines.

I repeat, quit West Wind IMMEDIATELY.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 6:52pm

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    Well, that's probably why his guys got into being "fireman", they sure the **** don't put out fires.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJUzVGx5fdQ name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJUzVGx5fdQ type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

StudentSoldier, get out, find a legitimate GED school and look for somewhere else to train. There's plenty of quality schools in the area in a number of different styles.
    Last edited by jdinca; 12/20/2007 6:54pm at . Reason: .

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, to sum up:

1. West Wind does not teach good martial arts.

2. West Wind's homeschooling license sounds rather ridiculous.

3. A combined tuition of $1000 a month is an outrage.

4. You actually work for this school, for the $1000 a month YOU pay THEM.

5. Thus, any notion of regaining or rebuding some "honor" for the school can be forgotten forever right now.

6. Ninjistu won't help you be a better Marine.

7. You may wish to reconsider your options if you think the only possible path for you is military service, if only because you are being daily assfucked by West Winds. Your conception of your alternatives is warped by West Winds.

8. When I was living in Berkeley, Ralph Gracie was building a place on Ashby Ave. That was 2005, so it is surely open by now.

9. Get a GED.

10. Berkeley City College has open enrollment and low tuition. And you won't have to babysit either.
    Last edited by Rivington; 12/20/2007 7:15pm at .

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 8:10pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Student Soldier, could you walk us through a typical day at this institution in terms of the academic instruction they provide?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 9:05pm

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't believe you can enter the armed forces with only a GED. StudentSoldier, do you have an existing relationship with a recruiter now? If not, contact one. Also, be sure you don't make any important decisions regarding your education without checking with him or her first.

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 9:52pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay SS I have some questions.

1) When you graduate are you taking the GED for your diploma? Or does this school actually award degrees?

2) Do they hand you work books and have you fill them out, or do they actually have teachers? If they have teachers, do these people have actual educational credentials as verses martial arts "credentials".

3) For your first Ninja mission please copy and scan West Wind's certificate to provide home schooling. You can then post it here. I bet its displayed somewhere in public.

There is no degree program that has a martial arts curriculum in this area. I know Sam cause I taught in the public school system. They are claiming to be a school while the young man is being home schooled. They may be helping him prepare for the GED.

Obviously this is questionable and quite probably fraudelent as well. Unfortunately the young man is caught in the middle as irresponsible adults are obviously calling the shots here. Even charter schools in this area have certain stipulations and are in some way part of the district. AS a matter of fact the district tries to close these small schools down as soon as possible. But these schools include arts schools and that is as far as a curriculum of this sort would be able to fly in an academic institution.

They basically convinced this women that they are an informal school that will take responsability for this young man's education and charged her a premium price to do so. I wonder how far they carry out those responsabilites.

Does anyone in this area want to pay this school a visit and find out about their curriculum? I would go alone but in case things get ugly i want someoene to be a witness. What a horrible thing to do to a gullible party! :car8: Again any fellow East Bay Bullshido members who want to ask some hard questions I am in. My concern is not the martial arts training but the claim that they are an educational institution.

Posted On:
    12/20/2007 11:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bok-Fu but I am lost now

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay SS I have some questions.

1) When you graduate are you taking the GED for your diploma? Or does this school actually award degrees?

2) Do they hand you work books and have you fill them out, or do they actually have teachers? If they have teachers, do these people have actual educational credentials as verses martial arts "credentials".

3) For your first Ninja mission please copy and scan West Wind's certificate to provide home schooling. You can then post it here. I bet its displayed somewhere in public.
    >Yea sure i can get a copy. If you want pics of the "campuse I can get those as well.

>We do have teachers and text books, however, they try to teach us without useing them.

>strip the day of all electives and only have teh core classes, and every class lastest one hour. you would have a four hour day. Im in 12th grade getting my actual HS diploma not the GED.

>Dsimon3387 I think it would be great for you to take a visit. We will be back in school after winter recess in two weeks. However tomorrow I will see what I can do to find out mroe about this cult I so willingly embraced.

> As far as the marines go, Im in the dep program, Ive Started to take MCMAPs informally and Im going to Recon, now I know that there is no way to get a guarentee to get into Recon however, ive done my research and I can try out early. I would use Ninjutsu for learning how to be quiet and all that other stuff. However BJJ sounds like it would be very good to know.

>"Im a fireman . . . I get laid."

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 1:44am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StudentSoldier
    I would use Ninjutsu for learning how to be quiet and all that other stuff.
    Man, West Wind really does need to be shut down. I don't mean the martial arts stuff either. Ninjutsu isn't going to teach you any of that horseshit.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 2:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StudentSoldier
    > As far as the marines go, Im in the dep program, Ive Started to take MCMAPs informally and Im going to Recon, now I know that there is no way to get a guarentee to get into Recon however, ive done my research and I can try out early. I would use Ninjutsu for learning how to be quiet and all that other stuff. However BJJ sounds like it would be very good to know.
    I'd like to point out the FM Combatives 3-25.150. http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...150/index.html

I don't know too much about the military, or if they are still using this manual (it was 2002), but you can see how much grappling was incorporated into their material.

Now someone with US military experience can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they do Ninjitsu in the armed forces...
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast