Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 3:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bok-Fu but I am lost now

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

West Wind Martial Arts - Help!! Im in dire need

I have heard alot about the West Wind Martail Arts systems and have done much as far as reading the posts posted here. However Im 3 years and a purple belt down the rabbit hole. Also "The Martial Arts Academy" aka academic school is where I go to school, because I was deemed a truent student by the public schools. I Am the oldest student at the School and pretty much am the babysitter for Mr. Kogadei's extended family. My mom can barely afford this school and I wish to learn a true Martial Art and eventually learn Ninjutsu. However, All our funding is going towards this "school."

I have decided that I must remain in the school for the remainder of the academic year and graduate, however, not for me; for my mother and the other students in the school.

What Im asking from you fine folks is to cut the crap and give me the truth about what Ive been doing for the past 3 years of my life. :seppuku:

I humbly request your help.
    SS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 6:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do a search on Ninjutsu, (thi?)-jutsu, Bujinkan & etc, (on Bullshido). I will not be mean, but there are better choices out there. Good luck.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 7:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You certainly wouldn't be the first person on this board to spend time and effort in unrealistic MA training. Probably the majority have. Chalk it up to experience and move on (after graduation). Don't worry about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 8:31am

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StudentSoldier
    I have heard alot about the West Wind Martail Arts systems and have done much as far as reading the posts posted here. However Im 3 years and a purple belt down the rabbit hole. Also "The Martial Arts Academy" aka academic school is where I go to school, because I was deemed a truent student by the public schools. I Am the oldest student at the School and pretty much am the babysitter for Mr. Kogadei's extended family. My mom can barely afford this school and I wish to learn a true Martial Art and eventually learn Ninjutsu. However, All our funding is going towards this "school."

I have decided that I must remain in the school for the remainder of the academic year and graduate, however, not for me; for my mother and the other students in the school.

What Im asking from you fine folks is to cut the crap and give me the truth about what Ive been doing for the past 3 years of my life. :seppuku:

SS
    No.

Just no.

If you're low on cash, go do Judo. It's dirt cheap, and really, REALLY good. Plus, you're in California. There have got to be better choices than Ninjitsu around.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 4:27pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much are you paying?

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 4:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StudentSoldier

SS
    You are in my general area so I can give you some info about training in this area. You have to be a bit more specific about what you are doing presently. What system is it? what does it claim to be? What is the cost? What is your obligation? What exactly does the teacher expect out of you? Financially and otherswise?

You sound like a young person because you talk about your status as a student and truency.... is this martial arts program a school program of some sort? Are you being coerced into paying for martial arts because of school?

Here are some general comments that I hope are helpful:

1) It is not important what others think of your training. But the training should not be coerced and the teacher should not create a financial hardship for you and make you obligated.... especially if you are indeed a young person.

2) There are plenty of trainng opportunities in this area. If you are in Alameda. If you want Ninjutsu related stuff there is a Bujinkan center that functions for the entire West Coast in San Francisco. There is also a multitide of other stuff including Indonesian arts at theis center. What do you want to train in?

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 11:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish to either restore honour back to my schools name and make it into a respectable school. Or, go to a respected school, one that teaches me things that I will use, including in my job. that is why I'm interested in Ninjutsu. sadly I feel that West Wind has strayed too far from the path and will alway be known as a money whore.

As of now I go to the Academic Academy there, it functions as an actual school. The space is too cramped and I am not being used efficiently, nor am I learning much as far as academics. Essentially they are teaching me how to be successful, in their eyes. The School also includes the martial arts aspect. I consider myself very disaplined and after Being with this school for four months in the Academy I would say that this school is strict if you are not related to a teacher, there are two of us who are not and its hell cuz we get into trouble for the smallest thing, however the other kids could get away with murder.

I am currently paying for half of the tuition, my mother is paying for the other. The Cost is $1,000/month. Not including matierials, Uniform (seperate from keiko Ghi), and "get togethers." All told i would say it comes to about $12,000 for 10 months :confused:

As far as what I study, It is called Bok-Fu (white Tiger), it is a combination of Kung-Fu and Kempo-Karate. I am at the dojo from 7am to 4pm every weekday i have academic classes for 4 hours each day the rest of the time I spend working out or practicing. I am no longer truent and almost have a 4.0 (they smudge the grades I know it), I have obtained the third belt in this system after three years; I will be testing for the fourth (out of six) this coming Febuary. I have also Studied Judo/Jiujutsu and Krav-Mga *sp*.

I am currently training under the third or fourth highest ranking teacher still active in our system. He expects me to be ahead of the group in all of our classes. under normal curcomstances they want students who have a high ranking teacher to pay the tuition in full on the first of the year. (I coulnt do that so we worked something out.)

Sorry for all the scatered thoughts, and thanks for the bit of help.

SS

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 12:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you could go to a damn good school and take ma classes at night for 12000 a year....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 12:16am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is what you get for being "truent." May I suggest matches and gasoline?

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 12:31am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok first off I wasn't learning **** at my other school, I'm not studying MA because i was truant. And I was at my dojo when I wasn't at school. I'm no perfect Student nor am I a great Martial Artist, however, I have found little use for my life other than MA and the Marines

SS
    Last edited by StudentSoldier; 12/19/2007 12:47am at .
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast