Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 12:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Chito-Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Master Harold Long - I call "SHINANIGANS"

I have recently joined this forum and would like to start out by calling "SHINANIGANS" on Master Harold Long (apparent 10th Dan) in Isshin Ryu. He apparently created some God-awful self defense tapes in the early 90's and they are available in my town's library A/V section. I think I will burn them so nobody else has to witness his ineptitudes. If anyone dares to try and defend this worthless set of tapes or the man in general, bring it on. He sucks in a way that no one should. ----- Kuro-Shin

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 1:01am

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro-Shin
    I have recently joined this forum and would like to start out by calling "SHINANIGANS" on Master Harold Long (apparent 10th Dan) in Isshin Ryu. He apparently created some God-awful self defense tapes in the early 90's and they are available in my town's library A/V section. I think I will burn them so nobody else has to witness his ineptitudes. If anyone dares to try and defend this worthless set of tapes or the man in general, bring it on. He sucks in a way that no one should. ----- Kuro-Shin
    Hi.

You suck at making initial posts.

Please if making a investigatory thread.

Label his claims that you are investigating.
    What fraud you think he is perpetuating

and amusing pictures and videos
    to make the thread worth our time to read and perhaps entice us to actually investigate the guy.

for god sakes at least a webpage to the dojo should be at minimum required.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 1:22am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro-Shin
    I'll be nice and try to help you out on this one.

What is the name of the tapes and could you find any footage online that we could all see? I don't know about the rest but I don't feel like doing a bunch of research on a guy I'm not ever sure it really BS or not so what I would do if I were you is:

Google this guy, find out all you can about him and whatever organization he runs with. Post links and anything else you find citing specific references to suckitude. For starters: What specifically is wrong with the tapes? Any particular moves or something?

Finally, stop using the word "shinanigans"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 3:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets not speak ill of the dead. There is a Foundation set up in his name at http://www.haroldlongfoundation.org/
    Never came across Master Long before this thread but he appeared to be a top guy ex military etc.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 10:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: isshin ryu\Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Harold Long was a student of Tatsu Shimabuku (founder of isshinryu) while stationed in Okinawa during the 50's. There has always been controversy between the different branches of Isshinryu, so what you hear about him all depends on who you talk to. I've heard stories of questionable promotions and things of that nature but if you could post some of these vidios maybe I can shed some light on things.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_Kenpo
    Lets not speak ill of the dead. There is a Foundation set up in his name at http://www.haroldlongfoundation.org/
    Never came across Master Long before this thread but he appeared to be a top guy ex military etc.
    Do you ever give pause to think about what "appeared to be a top guy ex military etc." means?
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 12:57pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets not speak ill of the dead.
    ...Because our right to think and speak critically of people ends when they pass away.

No? Then what?

We shouldn't speak ill of them, because they are no longer around to take offence, and pissing people off is what this is all about, not promoting truth and weeding out bullshit.

Not that, either? Hm. I'm fresh out of ideas. Can you tell me why the dead must not be criticised?

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 10:55pm

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    isshinryu is good karate style, and the branch i trained with fought hard. they would break the fucking dojo on a regular basis. plus they crosstrained in judo and jujutsu techniques including newaza. Dai Sensei Overton's lineage as i recall.

damn he was big. hands like fucking shovels.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 3:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter
    ...Because our right to think and speak critically of people ends when they pass away.

No? Then what?

We shouldn't speak ill of them, because they are no longer around to take offence, and pissing people off is what this is all about, not promoting truth and weeding out bullshit.

Not that, either? Hm. I'm fresh out of ideas. Can you tell me why the dead must not be criticised?
    Because the dead have living relatives who deserve a bit respect. I'd never heard of the guy before this thread, but it has highlighted a prevailing poor attitude within this forum.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 11:31am

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because the dead have living relatives who deserve a bit respect.
    So we're back to the old horse, then: "If speaking the truth plainly and forcefully means potentially offending [living] people, then be silent." I didn't buy it before you took the detour through the dead, and I do not buy it now. My father and my younger brother are both dead, and I would be offended by gratuitous slander of them (whether I am then being rational or not), but if the discussion had a purpose -- so be it. However lame the original post, and however dead this Harold Long guy may be, the man's legacy remains and can still cause harm and obscure [vb. tr.] knowledge.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast