Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 8:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I dont thunk MMA are for real fighting.

MMA is a great sport but it has many limutations for streetfighting lets take a look at some common MMA technqoues:

Boxing striking: The problum with this style of striking is that MMA are only used to hitting with gloves on. On the street there are no gloves do you think your opponent is going to sit there wile you put your gloves on? So these people that train this way will hurt thier hand when they punch for real. besides punching in a streetfight will probably hurt your hand if you hit thier skull this is why in eagle claw kung fu we use strikes like this

Clinch: The clinch is no good for a streetfighting. You need to have both your arms ready for other attackers or nives i dont like the clinch. better things are found in aikido where you dont tie yourself up to one attacker and leaf yourself open to surprise attacks. You are also leaving yourself open to ear bites and grinds if you use a clinch.

my frend trains at this place and i think thier ranges fighting is better than in MMA and before you ask yes i have been on the receeving end of his technqiues and they hurt a lot and work. http://www.headingleykarate.org/range.htm

armbars: i would also just bite the foot. I think when you go for armbars you leave your kneecaps open to counterttack. in eagle claw we have technic to attack the knee

we dont have groundfighting but we can apply this principle to the ground and destroy the kneecap. at my kung fu school we have been testing this against guard, mount and rubber guard and it works great.

mount: the mount is not a safe position there could be someone sneaking up behind you. you also leave your neck exposed to breaks

yes this is standup fighting but we also apply this principle to the ground this is why we dont spend much time training on the ground.

im surprised how many people here hate TMA when all arts came from TMA. You have lot of people that do brasilian jujitsu but they dont know that it comes from jujitsu so why all the hate?

(this is were brasilian jujitsu comes from)
    there are also people who think that becuase they have video of mma and bjj person winning against karate and kung fu that these things are better. i could go and get footage of these things beeting mma so whats the point? anyway i dont want to get into that becuase you cant compare stiles.

i just want to say that i respect all styles including things like bjj i just think that they dont work and are a waste of time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 9:05pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    armbars: i would also just bite the foot. I think when you go for armbars you leave your kneecaps open to counterttack. in eagle claw we have technic to attack the knee
    i thought that the knees was only the weakest joint when it was straight?

in a armbars it's bent so ur tecnic wont' work?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 9:25pm

Style: mozambique drill

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yuo fergot tew cloze teh traycheyah wif eigle calw

blotter art.

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 9:29pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the time it took you to write this, you could have done something constructive.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 9:31pm

Style: Poor mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That karate group's choice of picture of the "clinch" is concerning.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus Christ hasn't this dead horse been beaten, beaten some more, hung, burried, dug up for yet another round of beatings, shot, whipped and beaten yet again enough fucking times?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 9:59pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MMA is a great sport but it has many limutations for streetfighting lets take a look at some common MMA technqoues:

Boxing striking: The problum with this style of striking is that MMA are only used to hitting with gloves on. On the street there are no gloves do you think your opponent is going to sit there wile you put your gloves on? So these people that train this way will hurt thier hand when they punch for real. besides punching in a streetfight will probably hurt your hand if you hit thier skull this is why in eagle claw kung fu we use strikes like this

Clinch: The clinch is no good for a streetfighting. You need to have both your arms ready for other attackers or nives i dont like the clinch. better things are found in aikido where you dont tie yourself up to one attacker and leaf yourself open to surprise attacks. You are also leaving yourself open to ear bites and grinds if you use a clinch.

my frend trains at this place and i think thier ranges fighting is better than in MMA and before you ask yes i have been on the receeving end of his technqiues and they hurt a lot and work. http://www.headingleykarate.org/range.htm

we dont have groundfighting but we can apply this principle to the ground and destroy the kneecap. at my kung fu school we have been testing this against guard, mount and rubber guard and it works great.

mount: the mount is not a safe position there could be someone sneaking up behind you. you also leave your neck exposed to breaks

yes this is standup fighting but we also apply this principle to the ground this is why we dont spend much time training on the ground.

im surprised how many people here hate TMA when all arts came from TMA. You have lot of people that do brasilian jujitsu but they dont know that it comes from jujitsu so why all the hate?

there are also people who think that becuase they have video of mma and bjj person winning against karate and kung fu that these things are better. i could go and get footage of these things beeting mma so whats the point? anyway i dont want to get into that becuase you cant compare stiles.

i just want to say that i respect all styles including things like bjj i just think that they dont work and are a waste of time.
    HAHAHAHA!!!

oh wait...you're serious

have you been in a real fight before? in my experience, a couple of punches are thrown, someone throws the other person to the ground, person on top or standing beats vunerable opponent to bloody plup. sounds pretty close to an mma fight to me except the person on the ground knows how defend themselves much better in an mma fight.

opps forget one last thing, while standing victoriously over beaten opponent, his jackass ***** friends run up and completely blind side you.....all out brawl ensues till principle/ police officers show up

ps- biting a foot while in an armbar is an open invitation to a stinky heel sandwich and some broken teeth
    Last edited by akuma25; 12/17/2007 10:04pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:10pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma25
    HAHAHAHA!!!

oh wait...you're serious

have you been in a real fight before? in my experience, a couple of punches are thrown, someone throws the other person to the ground, person on top or standing beats vunerable opponent to bloody plup. sounds pretty close to an mma fight to me except the person on the ground knows how defend themselves much better in an mma fight.

opps forget one last thing, while standing victoriously over beaten opponent, his jackass ***** friends run up and completely blind side you.....all out brawl ensues till principle/ police officers show up

ps- biting a foot while in an armbar is an open invitation to a stinky heel sandwich and some broken teeth
    Some of you guys are far too easy to toy with.

I can't believe anyone can't see this for what it is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:15pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrekBJJ
    Some of you guys are far too easy to toy with.

I can't believe anyone can't see this for what it is.
    perhaps i havent been here long enough to see the wolves in sheep wool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:15pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your troll-fu is strong

May I train with you Sifu?
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast