Sponsored Links Spacer Image

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 3:02pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Crush Gripper vs. Vice Gripper?

I finally got my first ironmind gripper a few weeks ago and it's lots of fun.
    Obviously, though, they're a little pricey.

I've been looking around and noticed the hammar sports vice gripper. Basically, it functions on springs which you can add and relocate to move the tension from 45 to 360 lbs, or so they claim.

I was wondering if anyone's used this product, a similar one, or knows someone who has. I figure it would make it easier to warm up, "run the rack", pyramid, or do isometric holds on higher weights without buying a whole collection of crush grippers, but I know nothing about this company so while the price seems reasonable I don't know if it's a come on.

They killed JFK in '63, so what the **** you think they'll do to me?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 5:55pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's the Ivanko Supergripper. It's been around a hell of a long time, and is a great gripper. That one looks like the "Devil's Advocate", a creation of Piedmont Design. Is that from their site? (fractionalplates.com) It's usually green, is why I ask.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 7:25pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had something similar years ago (my dad has it now). It's good ****, and since you can add/remove springs at will, it allows you to adapt the resistance to a finer granularity than what you'd do with the CoC. Get both if you can.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 7:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hah Bumhug
    That's the Ivanko Supergripper. It's been around a hell of a long time, and is a great gripper. That one looks like the "Devil's Advocate", a creation of Piedmont Design. Is that from their site? (fractionalplates.com) It's usually green, is why I ask.
    Awesome, thanks for the reply man. I didn't even know about the fractionalplates site. The one I posted is from hammarsports.com hence the color difference. I'll check out their other stuff ASAP.

Both come with two springs and knurled handles. Hammar says that they'll send you the next spring for each level free if you send them pics or vids of you closing it on the hardest level for the springs you have.

edit- thanks as well to Macho, who's likely crushing billiard balls as he mods the forum
    Last edited by ironlurker; 12/17/2007 7:28pm at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 7:36pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm the ball crusher :new_alien
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 7:40pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm...AFAIK Piedmont Design was the first to do the supergripper with the knurled aluminum handles...guess it's caught on.

Personally I'd rather get the standard one and apply some grip tape for purchase. Costs a hell of a lot less...

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 7:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol that venomdeadly guy probably uses them for his trachea crushing moves.

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hah Bumhug
    Hmmm...AFAIK Piedmont Design was the first to do the supergripper with the knurled aluminum handles...guess it's caught on.

Personally I'd rather get the standard one and apply some grip tape for purchase. Costs a hell of a lot less...
    The hammar one is only 44$, about 45 or so on ebay. Guess they're doing a knock off but I think I might grab one.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 5:46pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got one of the green ones and I love it.