Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2008 5:11pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats dude. I got my bluebelt at the Feb 24, 07 belt ceremony, but shortly after that I suffered a knee injury. I've been out of training for nearly a year and since then I moved up to Port St. Lucie. I'm still doing rehab but I can't wait 'till I can go over to ATT St. Lucie and get back into training. I've missed training so bad this past year and I am fiending for a good roll.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 2:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMikeATT
    Congrats dude. I got my bluebelt at the Feb 24, 07 belt ceremony, but shortly after that I suffered a knee injury. I've been out of training for nearly a year and since then I moved up to Port St. Lucie. I'm still doing rehab but I can't wait 'till I can go over to ATT St. Lucie and get back into training. I've missed training so bad this past year and I am fiending for a good roll.
    Din's school in PSL is a good one, good luck.

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 8:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats guys!
    El sueno de la razon produce monstruos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 11:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Din's school in PSL is a good one, good luck.
    Thanks. I've been so restless this past year not being able to exercise and all. Is ATT PSL a big school? I trained at ATT Coconut Creek and it was massive. Each BJJ class usually had 20-35 people at least. Good training because sometimes I would not roll with a person more than once in a whole week. Got used to a lot of different styles and it greatly improved my game.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 11:27pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. I've been so restless this past year not being able to exercise and all. Is ATT PSL a big school? I trained at ATT Coconut Creek and it was massive. Each BJJ class usually had 20-35 people at least. Good training because sometimes I would not roll with a person more than once in a whole week. Got used to a lot of different styles and it greatly improved my game.
    Bro, the classes got so big that we were running in two circles to warm up. You remember how big the freaking main mat space is right?! People were sparring in the cage till it was full, the boxing rings till it was full, the secondary blue mats, it was crazy.

The added a new beginners class 7:30 to 8:30. Mon, weds, friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2008 11:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is Din's website... http://www.attpsl.com/ ....I'm not sure how big the school is, i.e., mat space.

Din is good friends with my instructor, Paul Rodriguez, and many of our guys have been down to train at PSL, and Din has been up a few time ti train with us and give seminars, and we have had a few in-house competitions against ATT-PSL and those guys are quality and seem like a great group to train with.

We all know how good Din is and I have heard phenomenal things about Mario Renaldi as well. He's a big, VERY big, dude.

Hit the mats and have fun. Good luck.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Here is Din's website... http://www.attpsl.com/ ....I'm not sure how big the school is, i.e., mat space.

Din is good friends with my instructor, Paul Rodriguez, and many of our guys have been down to train at PSL, and Din has been up a few time ti train with us and give seminars, and we have had a few in-house competitions against ATT-PSL and those guys are quality and seem like a great group to train with.

We all know how good Din is and I have heard phenomenal things about Mario Renaldi as well. He's a big, VERY big, dude.

Hit the mats and have fun. Good luck.
    I was at ATT CC today when Primo showed us the new coats he got the pro fighters. When I say this jacket was the ****, I REALLY MEAN THEY ARE THE ****!!! Anyways, Mario brought his in to show me, and let me try it on. It hung on me like I was wearing my 22 year old brother's clothes, and I'm 12. He is a HUGE man. I can't fathom fighting someone that big, and that agile.
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha
    Bro, the classes got so big that we were running in two circles to warm up. You remember how big the freaking main mat space is right?! People were sparring in the cage till it was full, the boxing rings till it was full, the secondary blue mats, it was crazy.

The added a new beginners class 7:30 to 8:30. Mon, weds, friday.
    Yeah. Right before I got injured I remember we had to use both mats. Heh. So crazy. I guess with the explosion of MMA, the increase of people coming in to train was inevitable.

Who's teaching the classes now? Are Liborio and Shark still teaching? I wish I could go down and see everyone again, but as I said I moved up to PSL so it's just a bit impractical.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 12:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. Right before I got injured I remember we had to use both mats. Heh. So crazy. I guess with the explosion of MMA, the increase of people coming in to train was inevitable.

Who's teaching the classes now? Are Liborio and Shark still teaching? I wish I could go down and see everyone again, but as I said I moved up to PSL so it's just a bit impractical.
    Yah, Liborio, Shark, and Danillo.

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 1:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    I've found that the six months following a promotion are when you improve the most. All the guys who didn't get promoted are gunning for you and all the guys at your new rank are looking to test your mettle.
    You have to love when that promotion comes before class begins for the evening. Tends to make for a long night, but I could not agree with you any more.

Congrats on the promotions. Best of luck with your future training.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast