Posted On:
    12/16/2007 10:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Dude, what the ****?

Assuming you already have a decent, or at least basic foundation in, say BJJ or Judo (two of the arts you claim to train), wrestling or boxing, how much fucking brainpower is it required to know how to fishhook, groin kick, bite, elbow, spit, eye gouge and most important of all, sucker punch and fight with your friends behind you?
    I don't really know to be honest..........I just figured maybe I could learn something that would be usefull in a street fight from this type of ****(the material teaching teh dirty tactics)........but I haven't looked at any of the stuff yet so I really don't know......

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 11:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And what about Bas Rutten's DVD?? Are you saying that if you already train in sport based MA it's completely useless?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 11:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_malk
    Hey come to my judo club and lets do some randori I'll show ya some of teh dirty. Just remember theres a reason why you hold on to the uke (sp?).
    You got it big boy..........................

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 11:15pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look up Carl Cestari's stuff. He teaches lots of simple "dirty" stuff, and has a legit background. Gutterfighting.org is a good place to start.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 3:22am

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guns and knives are the ultimate dirty street fighting technique. Go look up colt or springfield. Just learn to use a practical weapon like a knife or gun. Most encounters you get into that allow you the time to pull out the dirty street techniques will have given you more than enough time to draw a weapon and anyone with the sense of a dog will run from a knife or gun. Other than that listen to the rules of any sanctions fight in boxing or ufc and blatantly disregard them.

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 3:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there's a Patrick Swayze film named Dirty something... check it, may be it has some interesting anti-grapple techniques.

Otoh i liked Rodney King videos.

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 3:54am

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get one of those little pepper spray things, dont let the guy see it. Give the guy a quick spray, and be all like "Why you cryin', lil' bitch! Scared of this?" Then do some real fancy moves on the guy (since he cant see) . This one works good outside of nightclubs, when you're trying to impress the ladies. Well, the drunk slutty ladies maybe.

My favorite is to wait outside of a guys home, or job. When he comes out, run him over with a truck. As he lays there in agonizing pain, pepper spray him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 6:51am

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since I have pitty on noobs for some reason let me actually lay it out for you. Fishhook, groin shot, eye gouge, throat strike... etc. They are all low percentage moves, meaning that usually you will get some time and distance out of them, but they are not fight enders. I saw a guy in training one time get kicked in the throat hard enough to send him into a back flip(it looked like Kung Fu theatre), however whereas in the movies he would be dead, he got up and kept sparring like nothing happened.

At best the shock value garnered maybe twenty seconds. Now in a fight that is a good deal of time. In the sparring session we weren't(because we were specifically working on out strking game) supposed to take the fight to the ground. Considering the guy on the ground was a shodan in Judo and had six years of Sambo under his belt, I am guessing he would have been fully functional if his opponent prosecuted the fight on the ground.

So while you can learn this stuff and it might even be a good idea to drill it a little bit(like 5% of your training time) it is at best only a delaying action. In my experience an eye gouge is a decent way to escape a mount(the person will move long before you do any real damage), however how much training does it really take to reach up and stick your fingers in his eyes?

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 7:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melk
    however how much training does it really take to reach up and stick your fingers in his eyes?
    Before or after you've asked him to remove his sunglasses? 8-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 7:42am

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen101
    Before or after you've asked him to remove his sunglasses? 8-)
    Typical British manners. We Yanks(even expatriate ones) just rip the sun glasses off. You sir are a better man than I.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast