Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 4:50pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    Pwrz is not nuts in my opinion, I think he might be a little slow, if you know what I mean.

Seriously you have experience, that is what counts.

Any plans for future fights orare you taking time to train more (which I suggest!).
    i am going to be fighting in march 6th in a wka event so as soon as my body heals i am back to training =)

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 5:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing I always try to make sure of when I fight is that I'm always staying active. Getting 8 counted, and especially getting my fight stopped, is something I'd never want to happen even if I was getting my ass handed to me and was being totally outclassed. Even if you're getting beat up you don't want to just stand in place and "block". At the very least try and attempt something that looks like you're actively defending yourself, throw something back, and most importantly always try and make sure never to get backed into a compromised position. I know it's easy for me to say (and I am of course guilty of letting this happen to myself), but these are good things to keep in mind. It's can just be kind of embarrassing to be eight counted or TKO'd. I know I always feel like **** whenever the ref 8 counts me for something dumb like letting my opponent hit me without really trying to defend or fight back.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Blackshadow
    One thing I always try to make sure of when I fight is that I'm always staying active. Getting 8 counted, and especially getting my fight stopped, is something I'd never want to happen even if I was getting my ass handed to me and was being totally outclassed. Even if you're getting beat up you don't want to just stand in place and "block". At the very least try and attempt something that looks like you're actively defending yourself, throw something back, and most importantly always try and make sure never to get backed into a compromised position. I know it's easy for me to say (and I am of course guilty of letting this happen to myself), but these are good things to keep in mind. It's can just be kind of embarrassing to be eight counted or TKO'd. I know I always feel like **** whenever the ref 8 counts me for something dumb like letting my opponent hit me without really trying to defend or fight back.
    thanks i will keep this in mind and hopefully win my next fight =)

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:07pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice story mate, my first full contact fight I ran in like a Hurricane throwing everything I had... needless to say after about 45 seconds I was gassed, which left him with all the time in the world to walk me around the mat (FCK Tourney).

Did I feel embarassed, etc? Hell yeah, but what Ididn't do was quit, and it sounds like you won't either! I've always learnt more from a loss then I ever did from a Victory, good work pwrz, keep up the good training!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 1:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    Nice story mate, my first full contact fight I ran in like a Hurricane throwing everything I had... needless to say after about 45 seconds I was gassed, which left him with all the time in the world to walk me around the mat (FCK Tourney).

Did I feel embarassed, etc? Hell yeah, but what Ididn't do was quit, and it sounds like you won't either! I've always learnt more from a loss then I ever did from a Victory, good work pwrz, keep up the good training!
    thanks

will train hard to prove myself in the next fight

ps. what are the chances that next year i can talk the promoter into getting a rematch with this fighter?

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 1:57am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** a rematch, what will it do? FIght a new guy and get a new experience, it would be a waste to have a rematch, even if you win you would not learn much from it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 2:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** a rematch, what will it do? FIght a new guy and get a new experience, it would be a waste to have a rematch, even if you win you would not learn much from it.
    to see if i actually improved?

i always seem to think i am improving but sometimes it seems pretty illusional...

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 2:47am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rematches arent a test of you improving until higher up. Just keep improving and fight whoever comes your way.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 3:18am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with that statement, you're still new to it all, and just because you've improved in your fighting, doesn't meant that he hasn't, fighters are (usually) always trying to improve their abilities, your opponent should be no different.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 10:48am

Style: various cma's

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed, i would never take rematches. Would much rather just fight better opponents. The ken shamrock scenerio has been done to death.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast