Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 1:53am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blindfury

i know there are lots of WC hate( and love!) but if someone want sto do it for the rest of their lives and they love it, let them.
    Who told him to stop? No one. Don't post videos if you don't want them critiqued or what you studied questioned.

Go look at the beginning of the thread again.

He was asked specific non-threatening questions. He decided to go off on a rant/tirade and changed the tone of the thread himself.

:)

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 2:20am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All those arts mentioned use the limbs...but the application differs. 20 years of wing chun kicks won't produce one good thai kick. From what I've seen, Wing chun teaches students to hold one arm out..extended away from the face, and stand flat footed. Blocking with one hand, for both sides, is dubious at best. Jab left hook works wonders against this guard.

Shin checks are dissuaded, over kicking the kick...or worse...the outside arm scoop...breaking the hand and forearm and allowing for low high misdirection.

all the times I ever saw WC go hard...it turned into "Fisher Price: my first sparring match" that's retardafucked....now I'm not great at sparring, but that doesn't preclude me from commenting on teh suck, when I see, (and smell) it.

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 9:00am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    Jab left hook works wonders against this guard.
    QFT.... this technique is like kryptonite to chunners. I've used it on each chunner I sparred since I started boxing.

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 1:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    same goes for jab/feint low right round....then low right round again. Doubling the low kicks, the chun seems to double dip the hand. Leading you to potential low high combos..like Feitosa style...they don't hurt as much, but they do hurt.

I'd like to try more left hook, cricling left a bit and a left round...I was working it the other day to great effect, but not on a chunner.

I saw in your footage, you did the left hook, and circled left...you ever put the left round on it after? It paid dividends when I tried it.

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 1:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also the immediate round kick to their lead leg, each time they switch stances....I've seen it work, and used it a bit...it's a free shot...because the shin check isn't usually there, present in their arsenal.

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 7:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll have to give the left round after the left hook a go - my left round sucks tho :D

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 9:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mine too...but the motion's already there, the hip comes around...and there's some dig there...perhaps use the torque of the hook, to bring the hip around. The arm seems to block a good view of the kick, until it's too late.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 1:41am

Style: Cage Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to further derail the thread (not really) but I'm wondering...

Is going from being an elf getting sidekicked in the ribs to the victim of a chi kick a step up in the world or a step down?

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 1:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's more of a lateral move...

...it isn't a step down until I put the hat on you, and have it fly off in a different direction.

..or have you explode on contact.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 5:17am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm this thread is bizarre there are alot of VT/WC schools out there these days that train in a more progressive manner. (with Alive training)

Ok so there's considerably more schools that dont but still- the guys in this video arnt doing anything new- theyre also not of a very high standard.

There's always been Chun schools that spar (i can think of several lineages in China) and with the rise in popularity of MMA more and more schools are cross training with BJJ and weapons(generally Kali/Escrima).

Most importantly it shouldnt look like bad Kickboxing, practioners should be more flat footed slightly more upright and operate inside your opponents gate - otherwise it wont work.
    (as we've all seen in several bad youtube videos)
    Last edited by Bear1980; 12/21/2007 5:23am at .
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast