Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 8:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    Are you talking about Shannon Moore's school? I got to work out with him a little bit. Cool guys all around. I don't see him in those vids though, but he's the sifu who runs the Columbia TWC school.

It's Keith Mazza at his school in south NJ.

The OP trains there.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    As far as I define things, a clinch is when you have a hand(s) behind the neck and you pull it. And yes, it's even in the forms. :P
    I have trouble believing that move was meant to be applied like a "clinch" with knees. The weight distribution is wrong. But who knows, maybe the beauty of wing chun is that its so simple you can find multiple applications everywhere?

Maybe Tom K can tell us how that move (in the first set of the dummy form I think) is described in Chinese to give us some insight on its intent? :new_smile

Anyway...it doesn't really matter.

The video showed some guys who were at least to-some-degree trying to hit each other.

It was a serious improvement on most wing chun clips I've seen.

Yeah for Wing Chun! :suicide:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 10:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ N00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My own personal experience after sparring properly with dasreindeer, someone with a solid few months of MT training:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=122

If I had gone flying in with my attacks like the TWC bloke in the tournament clip, dasreindeer would have simply stepped away, absorbed the punches or taken my head off with hooks/cross punches.

This are the videos of the sparring, striking only. There are also two MMA rounds where I get own in about 30 seconds on the previous page:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...1&postcount=11

Yes, I didnt have the conditioning of the clips you have shown, but I had had 18 months of technique and what I thought to be sparring. I was wrong, I was beaten.

As a result Ive already been to my first BJJ class and Im starting MT in the new year :-D

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 9:56am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and Dagon this is why he gets ****.

get it through your heads: A RING FIGHT is a SPORT, it is not the same as a street fight. a well-trained MMA fighter may do great in a street fight, but its not the ultimate training for it, even though i'd admit its a whole lot better than the majority of crap we see in TMA schools.
    If anyone from any TMA said this, then posted that "wc training that doesn't suck,, he would get the same treatment. Has nothing to do with WC but his attitude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 10:36am

Style: various cma's

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol guy in vid reminds me of matt hughes

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 11:03am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom7
    i hope other posters on here aren't as obtuse as you are. do you really need to see some sort of documented proof that they "won something" in order to give them credit? if that's what you need, not only are you dumb...
    Proof is for dummies, lol. :icon_roll

I suspect that believing anything on the internet without some sort of evidence, is dumber than requesting proof of claims.

I would need to see proof that they "won something" in order to credit them with "winning something". Just like I would need to see proof that something that "doesn't suck" in order to credit something with "not sucking".

To be fair, I've seen worse training. I've also seen better. The guys in the "vs. rushing" video just look like bad boxers. Maybe they're new.
    Last edited by huge; 12/18/2007 11:10am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 5:29pm

Style: Chinese martial arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Oh and Dagon this is why he gets ****.

If anyone from any TMA said this, then posted that "wc training that doesn't suck,, he would get the same treatment. Has nothing to do with WC but his attitude.
    to clarify, i don't believe i came in here with an attitude problem, and even though i get really ticked off at some of the replies, i would rather have intelligent discussion.

but again, this is a matter of perspective. i don't see why you'd have a problem with what you quoted, and particularly what you highlighted. its really just the truth. i don't know if you see the statement as a slap in the face to MMA, because i certainly don't mean to disrespect it. in fact, i have a lot more respect for it than you realize, and i probably gained some of that through this website.

:)

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 6:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think IIF meant....to say something doesn't suck, after kinda saying it might, when posters think it does, and be offended at the temerity they have in saying so, is why poop is slung around.

Many of us came from TMA, that is, the one's who aren't still practicing them. Training better than average within a style, isn't training well in some larger sense...automatically.

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 6:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to clarify, i don't believe i came in here with an attitude problem, and even though i get really ticked off at some of the replies, i would rather have intelligent discussion.

but again, this is a matter of perspective. i don't see why you'd have a problem with what you quoted, and particularly what you highlighted. its really just the truth. i don't know if you see the statement as a slap in the face to MMA, because i certainly don't mean to disrespect it. in fact, i have a lot more respect for it than you realize, and i probably gained some of that through this website.

Where do you train and in what style of Chinese martial arts?

Posted On:
    12/18/2007 6:39pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Intelligent discussion requires you to provide proof for any claim[s] you have made… waiting…
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast