Sponsored Links Spacer Image

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 6:37am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980
    Hmm this thread is bizarre there are alot of VT/WC schools out there these days that train in a more progressive manner. (with Alive training)

Ok so there's considerably more schools that dont but still- the guys in this video arnt doing anything new- theyre also not of a very high standard.

There's always been Chun schools that spar (i can think of several lineages in China) and with the rise in popularity of MMA more and more schools are cross training with BJJ and weapons(generally Kali/Escrima).

Most importantly it shouldnt look like bad Kickboxing, practioners should be more flat footed slightly more upright and operate inside your opponents gate - otherwise it wont work.
    (as we've all seen in several bad youtube videos)
    Please post a vid of Wing Chun sparring done correctly. Such footage is remarkably elusive.

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 8:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    Please post a vid of Wing Chun sparring done correctly.
    Ah Runningdog. You and your comedy posts.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 10:27am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    Please post a vid of Wing Chun sparring done correctly. Such footage is remarkably elusive.
    He's got to post proof of that BJJ Blue belt first.

:)

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980
    ...practioners should be more flat footed slightly more upright and operate inside your opponents gate - that's why it wont work.
    (as we've all seen in every chun video evah)
    I patched that up for you:bduh:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 3:18pm

Style: Chinese martial arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdinca
    Off Topic: They actually lose a chunk of change every year on that tournament. Next year will be even worse because the Marriott jacked the price big time. As for the behind the scenes stuff, it is bullshit. Given that there were competitors from Japan, Spain, Brazil, France, Canada and Taiwan, I would take that rumor with a great deal of salt.

On Topic: As for the sparring vid, the guy in yellow is from Traditional Wing Chun. The vids say they're from Columbia, Maryland. They have a bunch of training stuff on Youtube also. They usually show pretty well which is why I posted it, not to give an opinion on WC but to show a different perspective.

The guy he's fighting is a full contact San Da fighter from Japan. He ended up being transported by ambulance later that night with a severe concussion. The Japanese tried to hold their own but the rule set messed with them a little bit. They did say they'll be back next year.
    after leaving class today, i find out a couple of things.

Joe "Hospital Punch" had only been training with Keith Mazza for two years at the time of the Lei Tai fight. he had no prior training except some boxing when he was little.

the San Da guy he fought seemed pretty well trained but i have no idea how long he had been doing San Da for. apparently before their fight, he knew that this San Da guy would want to kick and throw a lot. using TWC strategy, he didn't give him the chance to kick. if you look at the fight, he used the entrance technique and bong sao to jam him up, then delivered his punches. his flurry of punches may have not been strict Wing Chun but his set up strategy of cutting angles, jamming up the opponent, intercepting his opponent's offense with his own offense, are all part of TWC's principles to fighting. and that's why he won.

the proof is in both videos. look at the video i posted, and then the Lei Tai clip. it wasn't my intention to prove that they can win a fight but i see that you guys will take nothing less than something more concrete. if the videos still don't please everyone, well what else could i possibly do? then you're just in denial so what's the point anyway...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 3:48pm

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another example of TWC from 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBrZ55sbY1Y

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 3:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom7
    after leaving class today, i find out a couple of things.

Joe "Hospital Punch" had only been training with Keith Mazza for two years at the time of the Lei Tai fight. he had no prior training except some boxing when he was little.

the San Da guy he fought seemed pretty well trained but i have no idea how long he had been doing San Da for. apparently before their fight, he knew that this San Da guy would want to kick and throw a lot. using TWC strategy, he didn't give him the chance to kick. if you look at the fight, he used the entrance technique and bong sao to jam him up, then delivered his punches. his flurry of punches may have not been strict Wing Chun but his set up strategy of cutting angles, jamming up the opponent, intercepting his opponent's offense with his own offense, are all part of TWC's principles to fighting. and that's why he won.

the proof is in both videos. look at the video i posted, and then the Lei Tai clip. it wasn't my intention to prove that they can win a fight but i see that you guys will take nothing less than something more concrete. if the videos still don't please everyone, well what else could i possibly do? then you're just in denial so what's the point anyway...
    Then leave.

The point isn't the Championship videos. Lets get this back on track
    Wing Chun Training that doesn't suck
    That is the title of the thread.

http://www.rabidgenius.com/training/

Check out in particular "Vs. Rushing"

puts WC technique under pressure, with real intent. the second practitioner does better than the first, but they also slow it down to work the proper technique.
    Notice, none of the videos posted had to do with A LETAI CHAMPIONSHIP VIDEO.

Now, when the training got ripped apart, you decided to put the LeTai as some kind of out.

No one bit and kept it about your original post.

No one insulted the fighters or their Championships, they insulted the training. You know the training shown in your first post, the subject of this thread.

Oh, BTW, the Le Tai videos are already on this website and have already been discussed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 4:15pm

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Then leave.

Now, when the training got ripped apart, you decided to put the LeTai as some kind of out.

No one bit and kept it about your original post.

No one insulted the fighters or their Championships, they insulted the training. You know the training shown in your first post, the subject of this thread.

Oh, BTW, the Le Tai videos are already on this website and have already been discussed.
    That was me that posted the Lei Tai videos. I threw them up just for the sake of discussion, not to support either viewpoint on Wing Chun. My bad if they've been posted and discussed before.

TWC also has several training videos on YouTube also, if you would like those posted as a counterpoint to the Lei Tai fights.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 4:24pm

Style: Chinese martial arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Then leave.

i didn't post the Lei Tai clip, someone else did, and that carried the discussion elsewhere.

you're a fucking clown. if i try to stick to my point, i get rediculed for not "proving" anything(need video proof!) like i said, someone else posted the fight, i didn't. it has nothing to do with the original intention of this thread but that's the way other posters have brought it. since through the development of this thread, it became relevant to the discussion(at least to those who need more proof), i'm responding to it, because the fighters in the Lei Tai clip are the same guys training.

what the **** else do you want? no matter what i say, you twist it into something else. you can't win an argument by playing word games. you're either right or you're wrong. your opinion is that the training sucks. so if that's what you believe, you are entitled to it. so **** off.

others within this thread would give more validity to the training if they saw good results from it. conveniently, someone posted the Lei Tai clip. so if that's what they're looking for, then of course i'm going to point it out...because if i don't show video proof i'm just talking out of my ass.

so i'm damned if i do and damned if i don't. but like i said, why waste your time with this discussion? you think the training sucks, you've already stated it several times, now fucking leave it alone.

I AM IN SOUTH JERSEY AND AM WILLING TO MEET UP WITH POSTERS IN THIS FORUM. BRING A FUCKING CAMERA. its all cool, i'm not here to pick fights but i don't know what else you guys want beyond what's already been said and shown. just can't please everyone.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 4:49pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom7
    i didn't post the Lei Tai clip, someone else did, and that carried the discussion elsewhere.

you're a fucking clown. if i try to stick to my point, i get rediculed for not "proving" anything(need video proof!) like i said, someone else posted the fight, i didn't. it has nothing to do with the original intention of this thread but that's the way other posters have brought it. since through the development of this thread, it became relevant to the discussion(at least to those who need more proof), i'm responding to it, because the fighters in the Lei Tai clip are the same guys training.
    Nope we ridiculed the training. You brought up "but look champions" then someone posted videos.

I guess that makes you a liar.

what the **** else do you want? no matter what i say, you twist it into something else. you can't win an argument by playing word games. you're either right or you're wrong. your opinion is that the training sucks. so if that's what you believe, you are entitled to it. so **** off.

others within this thread would give more validity to the training if they saw good results from it. conveniently, someone posted the Lei Tai clip. so if that's what they're looking for, then of course i'm going to point it out...because if i don't show video proof i'm just talking out of my ass.
    Again idiot YOU brought Letai Championship into the discussion not the person posting the video.

so i'm damned if i do and damned if i don't. but like i said, why waste your time with this discussion? you think the training sucks, you've already stated it several times, now fucking leave it alone.

I AM IN SOUTH JERSEY AND AM WILLING TO MEET UP WITH POSTERS IN THIS FORUM. BRING A FUCKING CAMERA. its all cool, i'm not here to pick fights but i don't know what else you guys want beyond what's already been said and shown. just can't please everyone.
    You can't please anyone. You have had an attitude since you joined. Instead of joining discussions you have set out to prove to everyone WC is great. You are a butthurt asshole who wants a fight.

There are throwdowns all over New York, MD, etc find one and go.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast