Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 3:37pm

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do those slaps even hurt? I've never understood that, who thinks that slaps are the way to go?

And the part where you defend from behind. Who the **** just stands there like that? looking all intense. Yeah if I saw someone doing that, I'd grab them too.

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 3:45pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are ways to stun pretty well with open-hand slaps, but it requires a lot more trunk rotation and a relaxed arm. It's real common in southeast asian arts, and I believe Rodney king covers them in his self-defense striking stuff.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 4:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Jubo NOOB, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    **** talking may be in abundance here, but the first 10 seconds of the vid is pretty lolz.

"If there was one art with no equal...
    What would it be?"

Next shot: silly-arms featuring Mr. and Mrs. Wobblebuns.
    ^^ perfectly described.

Also, your avatar is quite awesome...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 6:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ N00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More embarrassing stuff from the world of Wing Chun, though that is a particularly bad example.

Its just so unrealistic! No one is just going to stand there and let you pathetically slap their hand/arm away!

Christ, I thought the WC school I have recently left was bad.

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 7:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    So, the only thing you've learned is to not post this **** in MABS?

Please find another hobby or go dojo storm on your own.
    It actually was posted in the Martial Arts BS, Fraud, Investigations, and Standards forum. Clearly I should have moved it to Trollshido, as that is where this thread is headed.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 8:54pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read the full video description:

To the untrained eye, wing chun too many will look like b.s. That's because many today believe martial arts to be about whose the biggest, whose the fastest, whose got the best stamina. Many believe grappling is the key or mixing martial arts is the path. And, I'm not here to sway you from your path. Your path is what you choose.

Everything shown in the video is for development only, which ultimately will be left in a fight situation to be used at the free will of the kung fu artist. But everything has a purpose. I created the video a different look at wing chun, to remind people that, at one time martial arts was suppose to be about giving the smaller person a chance against a larger opponent. But today, what I see being taught and done on the street, cannot work when muscle and speed are what your relying on. Wing Chun gung fu man thinks and acts on a different level. When you see fighting today, you see 2 brutes swinging crazily at one another, and whoever gets lucky and gets the hit and is then considered skilled. The Wing Chun gung fu man does not hit just for the sake of hitting, we control and hit, we never gamble when moving in, and yet at the same time we never move back, we are fearless in our approach in moving in.

When you see the motions of wing chun, it will look weak to many, it does not have the yell and the umph of karate, or the huge body swings and motions of boxing. When you see those style do their punch you can see their power. But wing chun, cannot be seen to be understood but must be felt. When we do our punch you will just see the motion, but if your on the receiving end you will feel the power. And make no mistake that this power is one you have never experienced. That's why many do not understand what they see.

Chi sao also is an exercise to develop many things from structure, timing, power, distance, positioning. But once again, those who don't know any better will believe it looks like 2 people playing patty cake with one another. But without chi sao, the kung fu man will not develop the ability to make people stick to him, to control the other people at will, and to attack and dominate the centerline. All this you develop through wing chun. (less)

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 10:29pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Question!
    Read the full video description:
    Nice find. Also, where are you anyway? Are you back in in Malaysia for the holidays?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 1:55am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff the Jocund
    It actually was posted in the Martial Arts BS, Fraud, Investigations, and Standards forum. Clearly I should have moved it to Trollshido, as that is where this thread is headed.
    Then he hasn't learned. My bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 5:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I'd made enough of an apology for the Simon Morrell school debacle. If not, allow me to try again...*ahem*

I, Welsh Warrior, wish it to be made public that I was a monumental twat in thinking that a person of my relatively limited age and experience would have the capacity to "punk" any school. I further embarassed myself by jumping to the conclusion that it was a typical McDojo, when in fact the instructor has legitimate credentials including a certification by the BAWA.

Made good now? Sorted.

As for the John Lynn post, I'm not gonna try and defend it. I was your typical teenager with dreams of being a vanguard for truth in martial arts. I'm a bit older and more mature now.

So yeah, back to the original post. I just thought it was a particularly bad example of Wing Chun, and TMA in general, and as such I thought someone in Chicago would find it amusing to go mess around with the little whooping man in the video.

On an unrelated note:

But today, what I see being taught and done on the street, cannot work when muscle and speed are what your relying on.
    But surely Wing Chun relies on speed?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 5:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    There are ways to stun pretty well with open-hand slaps, but it requires a lot more trunk rotation and a relaxed arm. It's real common in southeast asian arts, and I believe Rodney king covers them in his self-defense striking stuff.
    Yeah he does. I think he just pulls down the head from the clinch, steps off to the side and brings down a heavy handed slap to the base of the skull. If he moved to the left, he stepped off, switched his right hand to control the head from the nearest side, then brought down the left palm.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast