Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 5:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Golden Leopard

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    So another poster with no credibility calling **** on someone else?
    I showed you the link and let you be the judge for yourself basically. I was merely trying to open broaden the knowledge of this board by bringing info to the forums. Sorry if it was a failure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 5:32pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Smoker
    I showed you the link and let you be the judge for yourself basically. I was merely trying to open broaden the knowledge of this board by bringing info to the forums. Sorry if it was a failure.
    The failure was in the lack of due diligence on your part. For instance, mostly the people on this site don't care about McDojoism if it is readily admitted.

As far as Bullshido and Fraud, you need more than just a website. You need to go down to the school and check it out. Does the guy have a certifiable lineage? Is he claiming expertise or certification where he has none? Is he claiming his hola-dancing is the new deadly or just a cultural way to get in shape? What exactly makes you say that it is Bullshido? What are examples of specific fraud?

You are a noob and when I was a noob I made the same mistake. So I am being nice to you and letting you know why people here may not respect your posts or attempt to broaden the forums horizons. Before you call Bullshido on someone or a school the members of this forum typically expect you to be able to answer most of the above questions.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 5:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Open broaden you say?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And who the hell are you and credentials do you have to pretend you are in the capacity of broaden someone's knowledge?

And what melk said. If you want to contribute, do you work and due diligence. If you thought this was a place where you can fling poop at someone without doing the necessary work to present your case, you fail.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 5:39pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    Open broaden you say?
    That's RetardSpeak. Translated to plain English he meant to say "I don't know that I don't know, but I think I do, so let me share with you what I think I know"... or something like that.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 5:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Golden Leopard

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did go down and see them personally. He seems to be a nice guy really its just that his advertisements are around quite a lot here and I don't really agree that with his limited knowledge that he is all that he says he is. I did not see a certificate of lineage. He has this statue of Kwang Kun or something like that. He makes his students bow to him before entering or leaving the class. Next time I will do better on a post. I often learn from my mistakes sorry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 5:51pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did go down and see them personally. He seems to be a nice guy really its just that his advertisements are around quite a lot here and I don't really agree that with his limited knowledge that he is all that he says he is. I did not see a certificate of lineage. He has this statue of Kwang Kun or something like that. He makes his students bow to him before entering or leaving the class. Next time I will do better on a post. I often learn from my mistakes sorry.
    In almost every TMA you bow to the instructor before entering or leaving class. Most Kung Fu Dojos have alters/statues. Adverts and your opinions don't make fraud. Please understand that a good number of people come to this site to investigate schools they are thinking about going to or sending their kids to. So trash talking someone without solid evidence can actually negatively affect them and be just as much, if not more of a fraud.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 5:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still, did you ask to see the certificates or ask for his linage.

So, is he competition?

How long have you studied Shaolin-Do?

Are you looking to leave?

You know SD is in the same boat as you are placing this guy?

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melk
    So far I am not seeing the Bullshido.
    After reading your defense of the rag-doll kung fu video, I'm not surprised.

So my question would be, how much of the training does this kind of free-fight comprise? What level of students are we witnessing here? How are the other MA classes like escrima run? Does it cost more to take the other classes offered? Does the guy have a legit lineage?
    I'm going to avoid the loaded questions. As for the other MA classes. As far as I know, other than the wing chun and "Freestyle class", they have their own dedicated instructors. Here is the main reason they are not McDojo: The owner has it setup so his direct students can take the other classes for free. Whatever the instructor wants to charge the students only showing up to his class he keeps.

Alfa-male and willingness to teach things that he has limited experience in does not make Bullshido. It may make for bad training methodology and general assholism, but in that case move on.
    You couldn't be more wrong. Those are the corner stones of Bullshido.
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 10:13pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The site has some serious bullshido in text format. Notice the testimonials section. The owner of the school is Kevin Kawada, correct? and the only apparent testimonial is by Kevin Kawada....wtf? and he says "ever since i enrolled my family in your Kung fu school..." so he's the head of the school but its not his, who's is it. and yeah that video was a perfect example of compliant useless drilling.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast