Administrator

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 2:22pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fightin Penguin
    Sorry about your loss bro. It is a damn shame what happened to Ryan Gracie, but some of us were just speaking on what more than likely happened, that the death was probably (no proof on that yet) due to drug use. But yeah, there were a few here that are being totally disrespectful about his death, and that's not cool. Like that he may have been a boring fighter so no big deal, etc. That's not cool. It's a shame, many people speak like that about celebrities of any sort who die. Just ignore them and move on.

It's not my loss. I didn't like the guy. I wanted to say my peace, I wasn't even telling them they didn't have the right to do so I just think it shows no class.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Scrooged Me
    For those of you being disrespectful about the death of Ryan I thank you for letting me know what type of people you really are. You're not getting a rise out of me so don't come back with a retort.

I for one just had somebody die. Somebody I didn't really like. I never talked any disrespect about him upon his death. Most of that went without saying. Too bad you weren't raised with a higher sense of honor.
    Too bad you weren't raised with a higher sense of humor. :pancakebu

Kidding aside, I think we can all consider this an inevitability. The man died with four stars on his Wanted level. He was one ambulance hijacking away from having the military come after him; perhaps it's best he died of a nice peaceful cocaine overdose.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Infidel

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 3:07pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Scrooged Me
    For those of you being disrespectful about the death of Ryan I thank you for letting me know what type of people you really are. You're not getting a rise out of me so don't come back with a retort.

I for one just had somebody die. Somebody I didn't really like. I never talked any disrespect about him upon his death. Most of that went without saying. Too bad you weren't raised with a higher sense of honor.
    That type of HAHA someone just died mentality is inherent to many posters on bullshido sadly.

Be it a weak attempt to get a rise out of others or having grown up socially inept on certain issues.

I'm agreement with you. It's dishonourable , weak and shows you who the adults are.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 3:28pm

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting how trivializing death becomes disrespectful only once you put a name to it.

It must have been hard being a black sheep in the family AND seen as lame by spectators. Hopefully he's in a better place now. Did anyone catch how he died? Did it look like someone went after him, or was it an overdose or suicide or what?

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 3:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty surprised, since only hours ago I read that he was arrested.
    Here is some news coverage of the incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeM0CmsBWgg
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 3:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rest in

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 3:49pm

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RIP, Ryan Gracie.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 3:54pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...5d0A3NI9xzHzFg

SAO PAULO, Brazil - Brazilian mixed-martial arts fighter Ryan Gracie was found dead Saturday in a Sao Paulo prison cell, a day after being arrested on suspicion of theft, police said.

Gracie was a five-time world champion of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

The 33-year-old was arrested Friday afternoon for stealing a car after allegedly threatening its owner with a kitchen knife, and for trying to steal a motorcycle after crashing the car against a concrete wall, police inspector Paulo Bittencourt said.

Bittencourt, head of Sao Paulo's 91st police district where Gracie was locked up in an individual cell, said that during the morning roll call Gracie did not respond.

"When I went to his cell, I saw him lying on his mattress," Bittencourt said. "He had no pulse and a reddish liquid was coming out of his mouth. It seems to me he died of a heart attack."

The Agencia Estado news service quoted Gracie's physician Sabino Ferreira de Farias as saying that, at the time of his arrest, the fighter was taking antidepressants and anti-psychotic medication.

Globo TV said Farias tested Gracie's urine shortly after his arrest and found traces of cocaine, crack and marijuana. Bittencourt would not comment on the unconfirmed reports, and Farias could not be contacted at his drug rehabilitation clinic.

The AP was unable to contact Gracie's family or his lawyer, Rodrigo Souto de Assis Silva.

Gracie's body was taken to the city morgue to determine the exact cause of his death, Bittencourt said.

Gracie was a grandson of Carlos Gracie, one of the creators of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
    It is not unheard of for people to go apeshit when taking Prozac or other SSRI's. Especially if they exhibit bipolar behaviour. A lot of murders and suicides have been associated with these drugs.

Too bad--RIP.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 4:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj/ kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats a damn shame How was drug use not caught in fight screenings or do you think if your a promoter and the gracie name is one of your main draws this kind of thing can be over looked I've never the opportunities a celebrity name will give you maybe thats why pissing them away seems so stupid to me either way RIP

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    12/15/2007 4:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rot in pieces, the guy was an asshole and a piece of ****...good riddance.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast