--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Self Defence for Discerning Ladies and Gentlemen"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGiTAtJI_uU

Self defense as it was being taught around 1900: walking stick fighting, old-school boxing etc. Looks like fun.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mhaha, awesome ****!
    Are those "Irish Sticks" golf clubs?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The straight sticks with the short knob-like handles are shillelahs, traditional Irish walking sticks. Back in the day they used to hollow out the handles and fill them with lead for extra smackdown power.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Makes me wonder if just a crash course in Kali and the Sweet Science wouldn't suffice?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Bata" (the art of using a shillelagh) is very much alive, as is bare knuckle boxing.

I met a bata fighter who showed me the proper stance plus a six inch scar running across his head where he said the bone had been showing through. He spoke with a very thick accent and was truly nuts considering he regarded having his bloodied skull showing a "good match"
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, except the Irish Stick Fighting should have included the sucking down of a few pints of Guinness and a fifth of Bushmill's.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by socratic
    Makes me wonder if just a crash course in Kali and the Sweet Science wouldn't suffice?
    Sure, but t-shirts and shorts are no-where near as cool as MA training in derby hats and three-piece suits.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are still schools that do that, you know.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR
    t-shirts and shorts are no-where near as cool as MA training in derby hats and three-piece suits.
    Quoted for truth.

Also, one thing in favor of the Western martial arts: it's better to train alive in a dead art then to train dead patterns in an art with a living tradition. IMHO.