Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 11:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

If you lost a limb, would you continue to do Martial Arts?

Would you? Could you?

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    12/14/2007 12:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes

unless it was my head

then no

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/14/2007 12:08am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, how effective do you think you would be?

Personally, I think I would give it up and sit and home and play video games or watch TV, depending on what I would be able to do.

But, cats like Ron Mann can make it happen:

http://www.dsusa.org/ChallMagarchive...-article2.html

blotter art.

Posted On:
    12/14/2007 12:12am

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How could you? I guess you could still do MA with one arm, but it would be so gimped, whats the point?

If I lost a leg, I would just kill myself.

Who the **** wants to roll around in a wheelchair all over the place? It would be so fucking depressing.

What the **** would I do all day, just sit arround trolling people on bullshido?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/14/2007 12:18am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite
    How could you? I guess you could still do MA with one arm, but it would be so gimped, whats the point?

If I lost a leg, I would just kill myself.

Who the **** wants to roll around in a wheelchair all over the place? It would be so fucking depressing.

What the **** would I do all day, just sit arround trolling people on bullshido?
    Yeah, I've been thinking about it. After a loss, people generally sink into a deep depression and such, but it seems that most people get out of it.
    I have a teacher who lost an arm in a lab accident, but became a world renown scientists and whatnot. I wonder how it would go down for someone who was boss in MA.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2007 12:19am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course. This reminds me of Aeo's avatar, that is the picture now of Karate Sucks; being the guy in the wheel chair doing Tensho Kata. As one of the early instructors who quit Bullshido quickly put it (paraphrased, I admit), "Screw you immature elitist morons. I teach everyone, regardless of age, size, sex, skill level, handicaps, or disabilities. Martial arts are so much more than this macho ego stroking punch-you-out-mother-fucker crap." l would add what Oyama, soke of Kyokushinkai felt: Karate is good for everyone.

Part of this ignorance just comes from youthful stupidity, and some comes from the bullying idiotic attitude portrayed by things like the crybaby vids forum on this site. Egos must be very insecure to have to boast themselves by this ****.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/14/2007 12:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    Of course. This reminds me of Aeo's avatar, that is the picture now of Karate Sucks; being the guy in the wheel chair doing Tensho Kata. As one of the early instructors who quit Bullshido quickly put it (paraphrased, I admit), "Screw you immature elitist morons. I teach everyone, regardless of age, size, sex, skill level, handicaps, or disabilities. Martial arts are so much more than this macho ego stroking punch-you-out-mother-fucker crap." l would add what Oyama, soke of Kyokushinkai felt: Karate is good for everyone.

Part of this ignorance just comes from youthful stupidity, and some comes from the bullying idiotic attitude portrayed by things like the crybaby vids forum on this site. Egos must be very insecure to have to boast themselves by this ****.
    I'm afaid I don't quite understand what you are saying.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/14/2007 12:25am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I lost an arm, I would still do martial arts. Probably a lot more stick and knife fighting. It would suck to lose an arm, but it might be an interesting lifelong challenge to figure out how to overcome that obstacle and compensate for it so you could fight regular people.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/14/2007 12:27am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the point of making fun of a guy in a wheel chair doing karate?

It implies that handicapped people shouldn't do martial arts. Well, to be fair, maybe that they shouldn't do kata. But kata is a different subject. Of course the handicapp should work out in martial arts. Jesus fucking christ, there's a multi system bb (karate, aikido,judo + similar rank instructor in CMA) who lost his foot after it was crushed rolling at a BJJ dojo (strep in hospital...). Want to tell him that he shouldn't work out? I wouldn't dare piss him off myself. Of course he should keep working out. It would be hard, but so what? Life isn't for sissies.

I was at the "Blood Bath," the Utah Karate Open (similar to Kyokushin tournies, but head shots allowed), and an old guy on crutches and tied to an oxygen tank did a demo of Tensho kata - the same one that's shown in various places in this site. The fucker was on his last legs, actively dying. It was one of the cooler things at that tourney. But I imagine that many would ridicule this; after all, he wouldn't last a minute in the UFC.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 12/14/2007 12:32am at .

Posted On:
    12/14/2007 12:43am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends. Whose limb did I lose?
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast