Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the update, Vector. Do you find that the bag swings less than a solid-filled bag?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It does swing less, but I think that may be a function of the weight. I have never used one of those 200+ pound solid-filled bags. The biggest we have had is a 120-130 lb banana bag (I didn't purchase it, so I'm not sure of the advertised weight).

We have the base of the water-filled bag touching the floor. We set it so that it was just barely above the floor, then dropped it two links.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style! staff
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey man, do me a favor a do a formal review of it here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111

we're trying to grow that section of the site.

(this goes to everyone else too if you have something to review)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYI: I received the Ringside sales circular today and noticed the water-filled Thai bag was on sale for $219.99 ($80.00 off)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wolf, "hey man, do me a favor a do a formal review of it here"

I'll try to get that in this weekend.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thai/Banana Bags - consolidated thread.

Hey guys:

Was wondering if anyone can comment on this CSI Thai Bag:

http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=22065

How is the density/hardness of the bag (soft, neutral, hard)? Are the seams bothersome to your shins? How does this bag compare to other bags out there?

Thanks!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I haven't used that specific bag, I did go hit a Fairtex banana bag not too long ago. I would recommend the Fairtex to anyone. Great texture, good resistance. It was relatively new, so I don't have any direct information on reliability, but the Fairtex bags seem to have a good reputation for lasting.

By the way, we just bought a CSI 6' water-filled bag and most of the guys really like it. I don't have any complaints, but would rather have gotten the Fairtex. (I got out voted)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Post all bag questions here:

Yo. I have been working on heavy bags for awhile now. Every bag I have ever becomes insanely hard at the bottom and too soft at the top. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Peace.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my coach told me that if you tape the middle of the bag it can prevent that from happening

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bottom of a banana bag is supposed to be hard. That is where you should do your shin conditioning. A good quality short bag like a boxer uses usually has a more uniform hardness. They are actually constructed differently on the inside.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last