Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 1:37pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaargh
    All this nonsense comes from never having done any randori. Once you get thrown, pinned, arms stuck in useless positions, no way to move any body part meaningfully... eye gouging suddenly seems a lot less important than being the guy on top.

The great thing is, nobody has to take my word for it, any of these posters can find that out for themselves at a free introductory class at their local judo club or BJJ school.
    That will involve getting sweaty, bruised, exhausted, uncomfortable and dirty. It is not glamorous, mystic, elegant or ambiguous enough to hide one's own faults and physical short-comings.

It is too much of a leap out of their verbal-fu self-fellating comfort zone for some of these people to take.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 2:11pm

Style: Inept BJJer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    That will involve getting sweaty, bruised, exhausted, uncomfortable and dirty. It is not glamorous, mystic, elegant or ambiguous enough to hide one's own faults and physical short-comings.

It is too much of a leap out of their verbal-fu self-fellating comfort zone for some of these people to take.
    It wasn't too much of a leap for me, and it totally changed my direction.

I highly recommend it, guys. Just to get a glimpse of the other perspective.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 3:09pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ditto. Two months so far, not looking back.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 4:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaargh
    It wasn't too much of a leap for me, and it totally changed my direction.

I highly recommend it, guys. Just to get a glimpse of the other perspective.
    Ha only a lowly "sports fighter" think like this IRL.

You can't go 100% all of the time, you'd hurt your training partners. It is very disrespectful. How would you train with no partners if they are all hurt?

[/sarcasm] Yes, this argument has been leveled by some idiots.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2007 12:23am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I apologise. My stance in this thread was poorly researched and generally being contrary for it's own sake. I'm not a troll or a keyboard warrior, but I came across as one in this thread because I didn't know what I was talking about, but opened my mouth anyway. Needs moar lurking.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    12/30/2007 12:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was trained under one ruleset by a person who hated grappling (I know, I shot myself in the foot with that one)

1. No biting
    2. No touching the other person's privates
    3. When the coach yells "BREAK!" you disengage*

*requirements being that the coach be a lot scarier than either participant and carries the dangerous implication that they will beat you up for not disengaging.

I think if a gym/dojo/pick your term can't comply wiyh THOSE rules then they are not able to provide very simple training by assigning three people per training team.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/30/2007 2:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, for unarmed combat.

Armed combat is an entirely different level

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    12/30/2007 3:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was not referring to armed combat in that post. I also know how to use sticks, chairs etc to block and strike.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

:)

Posted On:
    12/30/2007 12:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    3. When the coach yells "BREAK!" you disengage*

*requirements being that the coach be a lot scarier than either participant and carries the dangerous implication that they will beat you up for not disengaging.
    I think the three person training team is a good idea. I feel the participants should break immediately upon request, with or without the implication of violent reprisal. Anyone who can't do that much, isn't doing their school/teacher/fellow stundents any good.

In the school I've been at, if you can't act right, you're on a bench, or out the door...that kind of **** is a pre-requesit. It's not an aspect of training...it's a basic requirement to even train there.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678