224855 Bullies, 3761 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 1:58pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, it's closed, like when you drive by it it's cleared out and nobody comes in to do workouts anymore? They just had a big seminar there a couple of months ago. Like, closed closed? I know sometimes when sifus in our family move, they have students run the school as a "club".

Ack! I'm out of the loop! :P Oh well, carry on then with Mr. Meehan.

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 2:03pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Austin Books uses it now to store it's mind-boggling back-issue selection.

I'm not sure where his students are working out now; they seemed pretty highly motivated, so i'm sure they're keeping up study at least. I should probably just ask him for some contact info on the rest and see if they want to use our gymspace on off-nights or something.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 5:44pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reply. If you have an e-mail or something, I would like to put him on our mailing list. Or he can just shoot me an e-mail: americansamboassociation@att.net

Posted On:
    12/21/2007 3:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More info

Hi, all. Kate Meehan here. Thought I'd clarify a few things:

1. The muai thai/black belt thing is exactly what happens when you let your wife write up the text for your website and don't double-check the wording.

2. Brent took my last name, so it is highly unlikely you will find anything relevant by googling him. In fact, relying on google to inform you of a person's martial arts/training ability is generally a bad idea.

3. Brent has a masters in Anatomy, worked in an ER, and has run several martial arts schools around the country. Action Hero Insitute is in response to several individuals asking him to train them personally, which is why it is not advertised save for word of mouth, and not all attendees are allowed to participate. The work we do is hard.

4. I am not a kickboxer, I'm an actress, producer, and educator. My role in the gym, aside from getting my ass kicked at the workouts, is to provide acting training within the stunt program. My educational foci are movement, stage combat, and physical comedy. I have worked in the field for 22 years in all capacities.

5. This thread's been around awhile. How come we haven't seen you at the gym? The workout is assembled each day for the individual participants (athletes, martial artists, and other general humans), and pulls Brent's thirty years of physical training and martial arts experience with dozens of senseis around the world. Come on down, and if you've got questions about the workout, school, or todimushin, Opal Divine's is right around the corner for a beer.

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 3:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mostly because Nazsir has a Lat injury and i'm dependent on him for timely transport. JNP has a wife and kids, so the coordination has been an issue. I think i've figured out a bus route, so we'll see if I can get there. What are holiday hours like?

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brent and I are out of town for the holidays. Workouts resume on Thursday, but will be self-led.

Brent will be back leading workouts/teaching after the first of the year, on Wednesday.

Hope to see you there!

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 4:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by katesmash
    Hi, all. Kate Meehan here. Thought I'd clarify a few things:

1. The muai thai/black belt thing is exactly what happens when you let your wife write up the text for your website and don't double-check the wording.

2. Brent took my last name, so it is highly unlikely you will find anything relevant by googling him. In fact, relying on google to inform you of a person's martial arts/training ability is generally a bad idea.

3. Brent has a masters in Anatomy, worked in an ER, and has run several martial arts schools around the country. Action Hero Insitute is in response to several individuals asking him to train them personally, which is why it is not advertised save for word of mouth, and not all attendees are allowed to participate. The work we do is hard.

4. I am not a kickboxer, I'm an actress, producer, and educator. My role in the gym, aside from getting my ass kicked at the workouts, is to provide acting training within the stunt program. My educational foci are movement, stage combat, and physical comedy. I have worked in the field for 22 years in all capacities.

5. This thread's been around awhile. How come we haven't seen you at the gym? The workout is assembled each day for the individual participants (athletes, martial artists, and other general humans), and pulls Brent's thirty years of physical training and martial arts experience with dozens of senseis around the world. Come on down, and if you've got questions about the workout, school, or todimushin, Opal Divine's is right around the corner for a beer.

Just to clarify, the main thing that threw people off is that BJJ black belts are considerably rarer than for example, Kempo or Karate black belts. People very rarely get their BJJ black belts in under a decade, and most of them are publicly recorded(and it's very easy to find who awarded what to whom) . Further, there are only so many people with that rank-conferring ability in texas, so it was kinda weird not having someone know who he is.

Knowing that he moved in from out of town and had a name change makes that significantly less weird.

Just a few more quick questions? It get the impression that the predominant martial arts influence is kempo for the Todimushin class? Would you say that the vast majority of the instruction as far as martial arts goes is the standup striking and weapons work?

Posted On:
    1/29/2008 10:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Selfcritical,

You take what Katesmash says is true, it very well may be, but you will never make it as a Bullshido Martial Arts Investigator if you roll over and play dead ... I 'm sure Lee Harvey Oswald said he did not shoot Kennedy ... why not ask the obvious questions?

1) What is Mr. Meehan's previous last name? Don't you want to check out his "real" name with the "several" martial arts schools he ran?

2) Where and when did Mr. Meehan get his masters in anatomy?

3) What are the names of the several martial arts schools that Mr Meehan ran , where are they loacted, and when did Mr. Meehan run these schools?

Katesmash,

Do you mind answering these questions for Mr Meehan?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 4:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Rasslin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish that I had 17 blackbelts....

Sin Dios! Sin amos!

Posted On:
    1/30/2008 5:11pm

supporting member