Check your im's.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 4:01pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live south. You guys give me some advance notice, I might be able to tag along. PM me if you're interested.

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 10:14pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you guys should go seperately and post evaluations

Posted On:
    12/14/2007 1:57am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Contacted Aaron Vyvial, who was a local conditioning coach and VT teacher, as well as a sambo/no-gi judo assistant instructor under uncle Gene. He's a certified Renegades coach, personal trainer, and Kettlebell instructor. He knows more conditioning coaches in Austin and surrounding areas better than anyone else I currently have access to. Here's his comments.

"I don't know him which says a lot, considering his claims. Personally, I like Hyde Park Gym, OK Weightlifting or one of the Crossfit classes. Certified training is a very big deal because martial art instructors usually have the WORST ideas about fitness. Also Martial art instructors think that they can pick and choose from whatever popular programs are out there and make it there own.

My program for example, was very defined with a specific goal and a way to achieve that goal... I worked on the "fighter's" specific energy system of high energy bursts with short rest periods but also with a max strength goal for baseline GPP (general physical preparedness) using many different implements.

Usually what you get from these guys are cocktail training where people pick and choose what they like from many sources."

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 8:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hello

hi ya, this is Stephen B Meehan,

a Friend sent me a link as to y'all do this run, cool

i stop by here from time to time and always enjoy what you have up.

anyone from Bullshido is always welcome to stop down at the Gym at anytime, for a workout or to check out a class.

I'll be more than happy to talk to anyone about my martial arts background and references.

Stephen B Meehan

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 12:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure.

Can you clarify your martial arts certifications for us, in particular the combat sports related ones(muay thai, Bjj, any amateur fighting record).

What elements do you teach to your students of your martial arts background in the Todimushin class? (obviously, if the class centers entirely on weaponry and standup striking, the issue of having a BJJ blackbelt would be kind of moot one).

You appear to be teaching a renegades-inspired physical conditioning class, similar to what I had seen in Aaron's conditioning class. What kind of background in performance coaching do you have and where did you pick it up?

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 1:10am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Contacted Aaron Vyvial, who was a local conditioning coach and VT teacher, as well as a sambo/no-gi judo assistant instructor under uncle Gene.
    Not to derail this thread, but can you provide some info on this guy? I never heard of him and am often asked about any sambo in TX. Any website? Or any other info? I was not aware that Lebell was training sambo guys specifically? Unless he is doing it along with Gokor. I have never known Lebell to train sambo guys specifically...or even use the term sambo in reference to his own students. But, he was at the USAW sambo nationals this year, with Gokor, and some of their students.

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 1:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He trains at Hasti.........however the **** you spell it. He doesn't teach sambo to his VT students, and to my knowledge the only time he has really taught has been alongside Gene at seminars. I never bothered to look into it because he never started a Sambo class at his Ving Tsun school. And since he's moving back to LA, he probably won't be teaching much at all (his VT group is in austin, when he's in LA he just trains at hastiwhatsit).

He talks about Gene more in anecdotes, but I imagine that's becaues Gene's funnier/produces more stories, and he's got a bunch of russian pride, so it may just be him calling what he does straight-up Sambo when he's doing no-gi judo too. I can try and find his email if you'd like it (I usually talk to him over myspace, or previously, hanging out near austin books before our respective classes started)

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 4:04am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aaron hasn't updated his stuff in a while, and I think his conditioning/strength-training site has been down for a bit too. Here's his VT site though.

Posted On:
    12/17/2007 8:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And that isn't current either really, since the school is closed down and he's on the other side of the country
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast