Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ... Join us... or die
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TKD Gloves or "MMA Gloves"?

Hi, I wondered if there is a difference between the two? (I only know the "new whatever they are for" TKD gloves and some about 8? ounz training gloves ) But i never had those they use in MMA/Pride Fights. Since I, for what so ever reason the WTF has, would need some of these TKD gloves I wondered if they are "the same" or somehow almost the same as those used in MMA fights. If you have any info on this please help me out because I wana order some stuff ;)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you post a link to TKD gloves? I'm imagining those foam dipped Sparmaster type gloves. I hate those ones.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I recall, TKD doesn't really employ flush punching to the face. Therefore you should get MMA gloves since they have more padding and such.
    That is, if the TKD gloves you are considering are ones like these:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The officially licensed WTF gloves are way thinner than any MMA gloves I've come across. If you're getting gloves to use in a TKD match I'd suggest just sticking to official WTF licensed ones just in case you find you're not allowed to use any larger kind in a tournament.

Also it might be worth noting that the TKD gloves have a covered palm with a slight grip bar:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes the TKD gloves I refere to look like the once you posted. So basicly you are saying those MMA gloves have more padding. Nice, thanks for the input. I have to check with the WTF rules if it is ok to wear others then the WTF approved but I doubt that.
    As if I would have scored one point ever in a TKD/WTF fight using my fist. Not that I havn't tried but this is a different storry...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you are fighting wtf rules, and your opponent has body armour on...why the need for gloves at all?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just noticed that these gloves are starting to appear in ads and catalogs now. They look about as thick as handwraps.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason why we have to wear them is stupid and plain simple. IOC req. an "full electronic scorring system", no judges giving points, if TKD wana remain Olympic over 2008 on. And there are only 2 companys providing anything like this. One is nice and working well, Adidas. The other company, Lajutse (don't nail me on the name), is run by the head of WTF and their system only scores by using gloves/"shoes" so you do the math...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah, politics. You know I hate it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember why I stopped playing that game now. It became no more fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last