Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 8:33am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, that one's pure hell if it's sunk in.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 8:36am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I had no idea he was setting it up, had never seen it before. He had me mounted, I was getting ready to bridge and roll him, just as I bridge he hits that thing and I literally saw stars, the room spun for a second, it was nasty. I now pay a lot more attention when people start putting their arm under my head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 8:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you can go right from that to an Ezekiel, or vice-versa. Options are great, aren't they?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 9:04am

Style: Not Currently Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent review. This should probably be in the Reviews section, though.

Just sayin'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 9:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, sorry. I'm a dumbass. First review and all...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 9:45am

Style: JJ, CQB,FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

carl's tape

gents, i sent three tapes out to members---one to fitts, one to roninpimp and one to sam browning. roninpimp also indicted that he liked carl's tape as well. he may write a review on it upon his return from from new zealand. i also sent out other combatives tapes to be reviewed at a later date. the tape to mr. browning was sent out as an adjunct [not a review] to his personal bjj training. this is key! what we teach is not a system that claims to be the secret soldier system , or killing jiu jitsu or anti-grappling but as an addendum to good grappling skills. it is based on many years of ne-waza,WW2 ATEMI-WAZA AND CHOKING METHODS. dirty fighting from different positions garnered from exp. in "the yard" and research into american rough and tumble [ also known as gouge and bite] that existed in the united states [see elliot gorn's thesis on this forgotten fighting system] in southern states during the late 1800's. may i also state that carl indicates that one should study ground game under good judo, bjj, sambo, catch wrestling instructions.carl's tape is more advice than instructors, as it suggests some unconventional methods TO ADD TO YOUR EXISTING GROUND SKILLS. carl also indicates that these are just basics and there is nothing he can show in ground grappling that good players do not already know. he just hoped to add a little " twist" [ street stuff] to the mix. sgt. fitts, thank you for the review and may i add thank you to mr. browning to allow me to send tapes to both mr. proctor and mr. fitts so people could understand more of what we really teach and not of what they " read" about what others claim we teach in periodicals and magazines.may i add that carl is not bogus at all phases of fighting [boxing, ground, ww2 cqb] if anyone in new jersey knows who mr. yoneska [ carls judo and shukokai instructor for carl's entire life] is , he is still teaching [at age 70 plus] at the cranford judo and karate center in nj[ yoneska was the olympic judo coach for the us team for several years] and a skiled karateka[also very knowledgeable in sumo]. --once again , we are one of many groups that teach stuff that have merit , not the last word or or only word--far from it, we are still learning---thanks , ralph g
    Last edited by ralphg; 12/12/2007 9:48am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 9:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Ralph, thanks for the chance to review the good stuff. Combatives class is going to get a lot more interesting. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 9:51am

Style: JJ, CQB,FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

carl's tape

sgt. fitts, no problem---happy if the tape added something to your" toolbox" and thanks to you and the boys for keeping america safe--ralph g

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The parts about biting your opponent's hands if he reaches up from under mount seemed particularly innovative to me.
    LOL! I just saw that somewhere. Let me see... Where was that again?

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    1/21/2008 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great write up SGTFitts!

Ralph was kind enough to send me this and after SGT Fitts' review there is nothing I really can add.

This DVD is good solid info to add to your existing skills just like Ralph said.

The Wolfpack gets it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast