Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 6:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shitoryu Karate-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Karate Demo Clips

There was an old thread post about FMK Karate over a year ago where I found it to be quite amusing to read.

Today, there was a bunch of FMK's demo video clips I came across on YouTube.
    I'll leave these up to you to check them out on your own time. And you decide for yourself if the school is unquestionably a fraud and a disgrace to the public.

Or are they for real? :bduh:

Brace yourself. You will need a couple of tissues to wipe the tears from your eyes. :llorar:

Clip 1
    Clip 2
    Clip 3
    Clip 4
    Clip 5
    Clip 6
    Clip 7

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2007 7:10pm

Style: Not Currently Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watched the first half of the first vid.

****, I've got better things to do with my life.

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 11:00am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...but the reporters are hot......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 11:23am

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarballs21
    There was an old thread post about FMK Karate over a year ago where I found it to be quite amusing to read.

Today, there was a bunch of FMK's demo video clips I came across on YouTube.
    I'll leave these up to you to check them out on your own time. And you decide for yourself if the school is unquestionably a fraud and a disgrace to the public.

Or are they for real? :bduh:

Brace yourself. You will need a couple of tissues to wipe the tears from your eyes. :llorar:

Clip 1
    Clip 2
    Clip 3
    Clip 4
    Clip 5
    Clip 6
    Clip 7

I don't understand. Are you saying you're launching an investigation here? Care to share your credentials along with an academic critique of why the techniques shown are a "fraud" and "disgrace"?

If you're posting this for a good natured round of "lol, krotty!" then this probably should go to YMAS. It'd be a dead horse but who am I to dictate how you spend your time? All I see is a local news fluff piece featuring some pretty basic, perhaps unreliable, self-defense techniques. Do you have any experience with this school or sensei? Does he have deceptive or predatory business practices? Did he knock up your sister and refuse to marry her?

It's one thing to have some "lulz" over strip mall silliness but another bag entirely to toss around legal and possibly libelous claims like "Fraud." Please show your work.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 1:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GKR

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If thats the quality of their gymnastics I fear for the quality of the karate. Doing gymnastics like that will injure people (eg those doing it) (and Ive only watched vid 1 at this point), the line of front kickers was pretty sloppy too most dont pull their toes back, same with the kickers of the pads..

Question: We've been taught that side kick you not only kick to the side (well kinda duh) but the foot your standing on turns out, so if you werer to do a side kick with your right foot, your left foot would point 135 from where your kicking eg at 45 ish to the left..

Similarly in the final video as a team they are doing some punches, in a kinda half sumo half horseriding stance.. Hes dropping his knees and rolling his shoulders, something else we've been told not to do...

So I wonder.. while each style is slightly different, would this be normal?

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 10:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBeakFist
    I don't understand. Are you saying you're launching an investigation here? Care to share your credentials along with an academic critique of why the techniques shown are a "fraud" and "disgrace"?

If you're posting this for a good natured round of "lol, krotty!" then this probably should go to YMAS. It'd be a dead horse but who am I to dictate how you spend your time? All I see is a local news fluff piece featuring some pretty basic, perhaps unreliable, self-defense techniques. Do you have any experience with this school or sensei? Does he have deceptive or predatory business practices? Did he knock up your sister and refuse to marry her?

It's one thing to have some "lulz" over strip mall silliness but another bag entirely to toss around legal and possibly libelous claims like "Fraud." Please show your work.

Correct. You must state why you think school is a fraud. Look thru website, see if he list where he trained and when he got ranks. If you are not satisfied, and he just popped up a grandmaster, then there is a problem but you must have proof. You just cannot attack someone like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2007 3:45pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    Correct. You must state why you think school is a fraud. Look thru website, see if he list where he trained and when he got ranks. If you are not satisfied, and he just popped up a grandmaster, then there is a problem but you must have proof. You just cannot attack someone like that.
    Agreed. This would be like calling your sister (if you have one) a whore, even though she may be a virgin, or has only slept with one man.

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 2:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by asimpson2006
    Agreed. This would be like calling your sister (if you have one) a whore, even though she may be a virgin, or has only slept with one man.
    Like in the scene from "Roadhouse", where Dalton says "Is she"....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2008 3:41pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I've seen only two of them, but the reporter is worth watching a couple more times.

Posted On:
    2/22/2008 9:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao
    Well, I've seen only two of them, but the reporter is worth watching a couple more times.

The brunette in tape 6 is hot also. Tape 7 has a technique that looks like would work on zombie chokes.....