Thread: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kyokushin

Discussion thread for Kyokushin. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm concerned about a few things. Like three years as a hermit in the mountains - that's part of the "LEGEND" as far as I know. I don't doubt that he spent some time hitting trees and training under waterfalls and such, but I think that "three years" is an exaggeration, or a myth.

And I don't know about his early teaching, but everything I've heard was that he was a real friendly patient sensei, and took lessons and sparring to the level of the student.

Pat Easterling, shodan > D. Griffiths > B. Lowe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The story about how Oyama killing five bulls, does it hold water? Was the bulls in their prime, or sick, old and drugged?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style! staff
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I know the killing of the bulls is true, though I can't attest to their condition before the fight.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone with pictures of the event? There might be signs that only a vet can spot.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whether the stories of the Oyama killing bulls were fact or just fiction of a legacy, we all know that Kyokushin Karate was a lot more effective in full contact than other Karate styles at the time.